Firefly / Serenity anyone?

resdev

trawling the net i came up with this forum thread from last year where a guy has posted screenshots of a model of Mal's gun that he made, i can't imagine it'd be that hard to port it into fallout if he were kind enough to share it.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6558/66559621.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7461/69628220.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5977/57240347.jpg

Edited by will_force

• 3 weeks later...

I found some decent models of Serenity we could use

I'll just post all of them, and heres a tutorial for possible modders wanting to use the models or others like them.

From Google Sketchup To Fallout New Vegas

Sketchup is like the MS paint of 3D modeling, so don't expect these to be finished or very detailed or well textured, if they have textures at all.

All of this should be usable in mods here on Nexus, also try to give credit and make double sure its not ported content if you do use it, because the moderators will ban you faster than you can ever believe.

Firefly-class Freighter SERENITY

Firefly class freighter

Firefly Engine?

And here are some guns that may be okay replacements as Mals gun

Logan's Run: Sandman Gun

Alien Assault Rifle

Blaster From Quake 4

Skinny Blaster

Bulky Future Assault Rifle

Arcadian Heavy Rail Sniper

Flintlock pistol

Another Flintlock Pistol

Flintlock Rifle

Hall Flintlock Musket

Triple-Barrel Flintlock Pistol (Also kinda like Mals Gun From Firefly)

@ those guns there, I'd rather someone mod a revolver already existing in New Vegas with the appropiate sound and damage for it. After all, Firefly is "cowboys in space" :) Works better than Flintlock pistols or high-tech lookin' rifle there. Or if a group of nice modders with good taste did take up on this project, formed a team so to speak, they could ask that guy who made the sketchup model in the post above yours to use it.

I had actually been working to turn the .44 Magnum into a high-tech projectile laser weapon similar to Mal's since I loved the idea of an older looking weapon combined with advanced tech. May get back to working on that again if other modder's show interest in taking this mod on. Sign me up.

If I knew how to make custom models and I knew how to map textures for NV I would be working on this mod in my free time, however I can't create custom models and while I have done texture mapping for other games it has been quite some time and I don't know how it works for NV. I'll still work on the magnum though. Edited by kato85

First off I love Firefly and am glad you all due too.

In my opinion all thats needed is Mal pistol. Pretty much everything else is already in New Vegas or other peoples mods and all thats needed to use them is permission.

So I say again. All we need is Mal gun.

I have time and some basic texuring and small stuff. If anyone knows what program I could use to draw the mod above that will_force posted please due tell and I will try my best even if its not very good.