Dear Techland...

lyravega

I'm going to write an e-mail in hopes to reach a developer on Techland. Here is a little story, which will explain why.

So, someone contacts me on Steam. He is in need of assistance; he and his friend, they are using a single mod, but cannot join each other. The obvious reason is mismatching file; so I explain them the situation briefly, and pack a "Data3.pak" myself and give them the link. So, they both have the same file. To also test it myself, I install the same "Data3.pak" to my game as well.

Results? A cannot join B's game. B can join A's game. I cannot join A's game. Note that this is with ALL OF US using the same "Data3.pak". And the files are identical to their hash IDs (md5/crc/sha/etc...); I told them not to use DLM as it repacks the "Data3.pak" and it may result in it changing the hash of the file. So, they avoided it. We all are using the same file, the game is identical on all three clients. One of them can host, and the other can join, while I cannot. If the other hosts, the one hosted previously cannot join. Etc...

This is just nonsense. Absolute nonsense. This harms the modding community, and effectively scares the mod users / makers away. Hence the reason for my e-mail.

If you have similar situations, please do tell. And wish me luck, that someone on Techland will hear my e-mail.

Since you gave me the hint to share my data folder (documents/dyinglight/out/data) with my friends after modding the game we have no problems to play together. Even if we "rotate" the hosts there are no connection problems. This works with 6 different people.

I dont pack the "Data3.pak" just give them my data folder and then we start the game with DLM 0.11a.

btw sorry for my bad english and thank you very much for the hint with the data folder :thumbsup: .