Ingame settings won't keep.

Lehcar

I go in and fine tune the graphics preferences the way I want them in game, but as soon as I return the game they immediately reset to the way they were before and it's pissing me off so much because for the life of me, I cannot figure out how the hell to fix this. Using saveini cheat did nothing to fix the problem. :wallbash:

I think your oblivion may be crashing on exit.

u gotta edit the ini file to enable your console

then if you want to set settings from in game you gotta open the console after your done and type saveini.

Just as a reminder you hsould save copies of your ini file as a backup before you alter it.

Thank you... it worked and now ob will exit without crash, but graphic settings still won't keep and I don't know why. Like if I load up a game, then press ESC, adjust my video settings, then go back to the game, then press ESC and look at my video settings again they've all reset again. Even though they're all set to max in the main menu. :sad:

Because you have to restart the game for certain settings to take effect. Change them at the main menu then it will prompt you to restart the game. Something like... "These settings will not take effect until you restart Oblivion, would you like to restart now?"

Do you use Streamline, by any chance? I remember that using Streamline, it was constantly resetting my preferences to its preferences... Could be the culprit, in that case, you'd have to finetune Streamline and then go back you set your preferrences. Streamline will control the cursors of the "details" of your setting (tree details, depth of view, etc.), so that could be the origin of your problem.

Unfortunately I don't know the solution. In my case, I simply removed Streamline and chose a world texture pack less resource-hungry (I was using Qarl's Texture Pack 3).

Yes, good point. If you are using Streamline you should consider disabling or fine tuning the Streamsmooth functions. No need to ditch Streamline completely, just disable or adjust the settings you don't like. Personally I use Streamline for the purging of cells, and reassigned my quicksaves to be Streamsaves when I hit F5.