Driveable Motorcycle.

theboomer

Motorcycles  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Motorcycles be Ported or Made?

• Yes they would be a great traveling asset / Immersion.
    • No they wouldnt be immersive or realistic in fallout terms.

In fallout tactics there were vehicles and even motorcycles i think. But it wouldn't be unrealistic that someone with mechanic skills repaired old vehicles and such.

IIRC The major storyline point of one of the fallouts was collecting parts to repair an old car....

Or was that some lucas arts game I'm getting confused with?

Fallout 2 allowed you to repair and drive a car. It was basically fast travel and a storage space in the trunk.

Or was that some lucas arts game I'm getting confused with?

If so, the game would be Full Throttle - and it was a motorcycle.

I would like to see someone get motorcycles going. I mean there's three parked outside the Saloon at Goodsprings (albeit one tipped over). You're telling me they've been parked there for 200 years and nobody tried to kick them into life?

The game wouldn't really work as well with vehicles, in my opinion. The map is even smaller than FO3's (although having to trek around invisible barriers makes it feel bigger...) and part of the whole Fallout experience is walking.

In addition, trying to make a vehicle with this engine seems to be like putting a square peg through a round hole, as previous attempts suggest. It always ends up feeling somewhat disjointed.

That said, a vehicle mod is entirely optional, and I wouldn't say no to seeing what someone can do. I might be completely wrong, and a vehicle mod in NV could be the best thing since sliced bread...

Start simple.

Add a working bike in the game... I mean why not?

Then from that point, have it possible to upgrade to an electric or "RAD" powered bike. With specific requirements to use that is...

But for new vegas, it's easier to add upon the current "gameplay mechanics" the devs added from fallout 3 mods...

Weapon(mod kits), Armors, Companions, Implants (since it has a implant npc, you can add more stuff to it), perks, items, etc.

Also, if they are able to add minigames into the game, you should be able to modify and create new minigames...

I got a few ideas on how to improve some of the stuff in this game, if anyone is willing to listen.