Spellcheck on forums

ZZZ02

Spell check is a part of your browser. It would be redundantly redundant for Nexus to check spelling also. (and slow things down while it checked) Most browsers require you to turn the spell check on and select a particular dictionary to use. (US English, UK English etc.) As how to do this can be different for different browsers, google how to set up spell check for your specific browser. :cool:

thank you for the fime information. thank you for taking the time to reply so elloquintly. Jowever, I am well aquanted with how spellcheck works. I have resigned myself to using Notpad++ and the fine spell checking provided through a partener of theirs. I have always had this problem with Nexus. I reported about it as Sativarg and now as noritep. Interestingly, the same thing happens at the official forums for bethesda, or ant least it did when I was allowed to post there. LOL I immagine the same or a very similar editor is used at both sites.

As you can see I spell like crap. I will not bother to pull up Notepad++ for this. It is a bit of a hasstle and I do not have it set up for my impared vision yet. If I have anything really important to post I will consider setting it up again.

UPDATE: I am using

Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell

Deluxe Clipboard Utility that automatically saves a history of text items copied to the clipboard, with tons of configurable options, super easy search, favorites storage, super powerful text modification dialog with preview window.

It is great and has a great spell checker. I am not sure what is wrong with Firefox. It does not like this sites editor at all. I have honestly tried a lot of things to get it to work here. I used to have trouble at several other site's. I have been able to work with settings at those sites to get firefox to spell there. Some times it is as simple as checking the option to check spelling in the correct field. I believe this site may be protectted by some security to prevent "botts" from spamming here. Perhaps this prevents firefox from interacting with the edit fields that are so protected. If I am correct then this is a good thing and if it is a good thing then great.

• 3 months later...

I too thought it odd that it doesn't work in firefox for these forums, been a long time since I've had any issues with it on any other site. if anyone has any ideas on how to get it working here, I'd love to hear them

Edited by SiNNeR