certin factions attack without cause

thefugitive87

when i go into the camps of certain factions(night kin and brotherhood of steel for example) i get attacked for no reason and i was wondering if there was a mod or a code, or just any solution to having these factions just start shooting and preventing me from completing quests

increasing my reputation with that faction does nothing they still attack. when i go up to the quest giver i cant even select him to talk to him he just keeps shooting. ive tried all the console commands for npc and non of them work, i guess it will have to be a mod that fixes this problem

Just wanting to check, are you wearing any faction-associated armor? There are some armors that will make you appear as part of a certain faction when you wear them, which will turn that faction's opponents against you, for siding with them. If that makes sense?

NCR armor doesn't go over well with the Legion, Legion and Brotherhood armor don't go over well with the NCR, those are the two MAJOR ones I know of off the top of my head, but I haven't used many faction-specific armors.

Just wanting to check, are you wearing any faction-associated armor? There are some armors that will make you appear as part of a certain faction when you wear them, which will turn that faction's opponents against you, for siding with them. If that makes sense?

NCR armor doesn't go over well with the Legion, Legion and Brotherhood armor don't go over well with the NCR, those are the two MAJOR ones I know of off the top of my head, but I haven't used many faction-specific armors.

no it isn't anything that simple, i could wear anything and they'd attack

I have this same issue. Apparently it's a "known glitch" where wearing any faction armor during the game automatically resets your standing with all factions in the game. Happened to me. Now I can't turn in an NCR mission I completed because of few of the people are hostile and shoot at me, then the non hostiles see I'm being shot at, and join in. Very irritating.

I have this same issue. Apparently it's a "known glitch" where wearing any faction armor during the game automatically resets your standing with all factions in the game. Happened to me. Now I can't turn in an NCR mission I completed because of few of the people are hostile and shoot at me, then the non hostiles see I'm being shot at, and join in. Very irritating.

And you haven't come across a solution?

where did you find out about this "known glitch"?