Abortion vs Murder

Lehcar

If a woman killed the baby while it was still inside her, it's considered perfectly acceptable and legal. But if she decided not too, but the baby was born the next day and then she changed her mind and killed it, she'd be pinned up as a murderer.

Why? It doesn't make sense.

If a woman killed the baby while it was still inside her, it's considered perfectly acceptable and legal. But if she decided not too, but the baby was born the next day and then she changed her mind and killed it, she'd be pinned up as a murderer.

Why? It doesn't make sense.

Not true. Lots of countries in the world don't let you do abortions that late in pregnancy and have all sorts of laws on how far into your pregnancy you may get an abortion.

allow me to bring the example of my girlfriend into this

she has been raped twice, the second time she became pregnant. would you keep a child that a rapist gave you? how would your child feel when the kid asks "whos my daddy" and you say "some guy who raped me"

I am for abortion in similar situation, but if its just because you decided to not be safe, THEN its wrong

killing any human being who can function without being attached to it's mother is murder.

Sure a foetus is a live, but not an independant one. We have to put a limit somewhere for what is just considered "abortion", and what is considered killing.

If we move that limit just a little, even unfertilized ovulation and male masturbation would be killing a life.

Sure a foetus is a live, but not an independant one. We have to put a limit somewhere for what is just considered "abortion", and what is considered killing.

If we move that limit just a little, even unfertilized ovulation and male masturbation would be killing a life.

<snip>

anyways, abortion can be right in certain situations. What if the child will be severly disfigured, or a rape child, or your body simply could not go through the process of giving birth without you (and possibly the child) ending up dead

I'm just going to lock this here... Subject is too prone for heated rhetoric and religious undertones.

- Vagrant0

Edited by Vagrant0