Trapped in the Wending Wood

luceid

Hi folks,

today I'm writing because of an serious issue :sad:

I've enjoyed DA: Awakening so far, but now I've encountered a serious bug... so harsh, that I can't continue the game.

So, here's what happens:

I'm in the Wending Wood, everything works fine until I encounter Velanna the second time (where she spawns the Sylvans and some wolves attack the group)

No trouble so far...

The game places some kind of border on the way up, so you can't follow her in the fight.

So, without much hassle I slaughter the fiends.

But...

The path up there is still blocked... :verymad:

I've made some screenshots, to mark that spot:

http://www.image-share.eu/graphic/thumbs/331156-Namenlos4-th.jpeg http://www.image-share.eu/graphic/thumbs/331155-Namenlos1-th.jpeg http://www.image-share.eu/graphic/thumbs/331157-Namenlos5-th.jpeg

So, for now I'm helpless as a baby and I don't know what to do.

I tried reloading the last save, but the same thing occurs...

PLEASE, someone help me :(

Maybe there is something like a "wall-hack", teleport or so.

Saying that, I've to mention, that I've serious trouble with the console (doesn't show up, although I did as it stands in the guides)

If you have your console enabled you can type in runscript zz_trp_debug which will give you the debug and teleport routines for the Wending Woods and the Silverite mines. If you haven't enabled your console, directions and more scripts can be found here: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console#Enabling_the_console

Good luck :thumbsup:

Yeah, this happened to me fairly recently, iirc the game creates an invisible wall when you get swarmed by the pack of wolves at the bottom of that slope, it's supposed to get removed once the attackers are all defeated but sometimes it doesn't fire properly when you kill the last enemy. Either reload a prior save and try again (I found waiting till all the enemies are pretty close to the area in question before engaging them works... more often) or just try to teleport past it using the console.

Big thanks to you two, I guess you helped a german dude a lot :)

Now I know, why my console never worked: http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1110

So' I'll give this a try with the console. Maybe this will make my day (after an botched opportunity for advancement today .__.)

If there are any troubles, I'll report back :whistling:

PS: I can't understand, such things could happen with the latest patch >__>

...Now I know, why my console never worked: http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1110

:laugh: Not being able to see the commands as they were being entered didn't stop them from working. I ran Console Commands just fine long before discovering that they were invisible because the font was missing! I just thought that behavior was "as intended". :laugh:

PS: I can't understand, such things could happen with the latest patch >__>

This particualr error isn't something that's readily "patchable". Plus, if you look at the change log for both 1.03 AND 1.04, you'll notice that they really only tried to address two things: the Crashes (memory leaks and sound driver problems, and not altogether succesful on either) and item/spell/attributes/effects that weren't behaving as intended.

The "Can't advance because a plot flag didn't trip" problem is an entirely different type of error, and not one that occurs with much frequency at all. It's usually a timing issue, unique to the specific situation (game and Party) and environment (system and runtime.) Hard enough to replicate for testing, almost impossible to anticipate during development.

As Terra-Ex suggested, re-loading from a save before the event will probably clear it, since you are unlikely to duplicate the exact circumstances during a subsequent attempt.

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone, the console helped :thumbsup:

But please, let me say one thing again and quote myself:

I tried reloading the last save, but the same thing occurs...

(as mentioned in the first post - if it were done with a reload, I didn't had to open such a topic [correct english?])

Since I'm lazy, I tried TerraEx's advice first, stepped up to that position (disabled any-non melee attacks from my companions) and still... the same thing happens, even that way.

That's why I wondered how this could be after all those patches.

But it may be just a glitch, caused by some things like RulesFix, or so ;D

Thanks everyone, the console helped :thumbsup:

... But it may be just a glitch, caused by some things like RulesFix, or so ;D

Glad you found a way through!

All bets are off when you've got a game-play problem and you're running any mods beyond facemorphs. The levels of interactions and unforseen consequences in DA are incredibly high (some say "buggy", I prefer "complex".) Did you try disabling/removing all mods when you first encounterd the issue? If so, what happened then?

Okay... we have a setback... :wallbash:

Maybe I should have tried the WHOLE process before making any good news...

So, here is the story: I tried exactly two times to use the console command zz_trp_debug.

The first time, I got a freeze/crash of the game.

A simple look within the depts of many FAQs and then I was a lil' bit wiser.

So, I *paused* the game and tried the same thing, this time successful.

My party showed up right beside Velanna in the dalish camp.

I just saved afterwards (it was quite late).

So, now my game crashes the whole time :sad:

No matter if I load that mentioned savegame (with an -enable... shortcut or not) or do the same thing again.

Loaded savegames crash even within the loading process...

Doing the same thing again = ~1 second of playing, then > freeze/crash...

So, it's kinda frustrating atm. And now, as before, I don't know what to do :confused:

Luckily I have one autosave before entering the Wending Wood and I'm into trying this one.

Knotwood Hills is another option for me to travel there before the Wending Wood again.

But the fear remains: What if the same error occurs again, when I'm again in the W-Wood? :(

A wild guess of me is, that I messed something up in the keybindings.ini.

Would someone be so nice and have a look, if the following lines are correct?

Screenshot_0=Keyboard::Button_Sysrq

Screenshot_1=Keyboard::Button_NUMPAD_0

OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_X

OpenConsole_0=(UNASSIGNED)

__

I don't know if ti's correct, but later on there are these lines again, at the very bottom:

__

Screenshot_0=(UNASSIGNED)

OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_X

OpenConsole_1=(UNASSIGNED)

I've upped it as a pic, so it's easier to see (at least I hope that)

http://www.image-share.eu/graphic/thumbs/331163-problem-th.jpeg

PS: I know my english isn't well at all and so it may be hard to understand.

But still I would be very grateful, if someone could help me :(