New patch killed my New Vegas - constant CTD

cnuutfaace

Trying re-install now, anyone else got the game running again with mods that use ArchiveInvalidation?

Want to hurt steam, won't let me turn of autopatching.

:(

We're talking about it in the patch announcement thread, long story short... modified .ini files kill the game. It won't start unless you revert them to the default ones through steam. However, again limited knowledge here, this kills mods that require access to modified game files.

Hmmm just checked a couple of other forums and some people seem to have there textures still working, they are using the archiveinvalidation invalidated .bsa file and not the text file. Also you must delete d3d9.dll or the other one as they now clash with the new patch.

Trying ........

Hmmm just checked a couple of other forums and some people seem to have there textures still working, they are using the archiveinvalidation invalidated .bsa file and not the text file. Also you must delete d3d9.dll or the other one as they now clash with the new patch.

Trying ........

I'll give it a try as well, can tell you for certain though that without the modified .ini files( and the AI.bsa thing attempted) the texture files do not load.

Steam just updated my game, lauched and loaded last savegame just fine. No problems at all (yet). Now off to Vault 3 to check if this patch has fixed the savegame corruption bug.

Cheers Euclid

I have been having the same problem with the crashing as well. I have been able to get it working for the most part. Still having issues with my pipboy readus but I think thats because I am waiting on a new version of NVSE to come out. Anyway, here is what I did.

1. Open up archive invalidation and deactivate it.

2. Go into steam and verify the integrity of your game cache

3. Reactivate archive invalidation.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it did get the game running again for me with all my mods still working.