New patch killed my New Vegas - constant CTD

cnuutfaace

Yeah have tried all the above .. and still have issues, as commented in another post, got it working but then after 2-3 hrs of play the game refused to save again (AII not on for this, so something else is hosing it) .. everytime try it CTDs. I also think unistall/reinstall is my only out at this point. I continue to have 1 file it says is bad but it's reload fixes nothing once the save bug hits.

2. Re-edited Fallout_default.ini with my changes.

3. Uninstalled my old NVMM as there has been a new release from the original guy(s) who made fomm.

5. Re did the archive invalidation.

Did that, didn't work for me, but altering .bsa loading sequence in Fallout_Default.ini did:

SArchiveList=Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa

Got this from here:

http://www.gamespot....5902&pid=959559

but careful, .bsa names are wrong in that forum thread.

This is the solution that worked like a charm for me. Very happy now.

Mine won't start AT ALL,not crash,just not even start up. Tried the 4GB launcher,FOMMNV and the basic launcher

SArchiveList=Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa

And that made my computer restart when attempting to play.

I had the exact same problem, my game just crapped out on me in mid-play and it wouldn't start again. Then I rearranged the bsa files in the fallout_default.ini and now it works just fine. It's quite amazing how a little thing like that can f you so royally. And are you sure did exactly like that? Cause for me the ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated bsa was named "AII-FNV!.bsa", instead of "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa".

I had the exact same problem, my game just crapped out on me in mid-play and it wouldn't start again. Then I rearranged the bsa files in the fallout_default.ini and now it works just fine. It's quite amazing how a little thing like that can f you so royally. And are you sure did exactly like that? Cause for me the ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated bsa was named "AII-FNV!.bsa", instead of "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa".

Da Erkka, I think you are using an old NVMM, you should now probably be using (quoted from Q and Timeslip's New Vegas Mod Manager @ http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35726):

KABURKE'S VERSION OF NEW VEGAS MOD MANAGER IS OUT!!!

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36901

I seem to remember either an old NVMM or an old archiveinvalidationinvalidated creating the "AII-FNV!.bsa" you mention.

Good luck!

I have been having the same problem with the crashing as well. I have been able to get it working for the most part. Still having issues with my pipboy readus but I think thats because I am waiting on a new version of NVSE to come out. Anyway, here is what I did.

1. Open up archive invalidation and deactivate it.

2. Go into steam and verify the integrity of your game cache

3. Reactivate archive invalidation.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it did get the game running again for me with all my mods still working.

worked for me

verifying > 2 files where redownloaded by steam : Fallout_default.ini and InstallScript.vdf

> have "the old" New Vegas Mod Manager

> updated fose (NVSE) v1.0 beta 4 http://nvse.silverlock.org/

loadorder :

FalloutNV.esm

TribalPack.esm

Military NV Backpacks.esm

DarNifiedUINV.esp

Military NV Backpacks - BumBagUseSlot1.esp

Military NV Backpacks - Blank's Container Patch.esp

Reloading Bench Plus.esp

Advanced Recon Gear.esp

Advanced Recon Armor.esp

Advanced Recon Armor-Easier Stealth.esp

Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp

Advanced Recon Armor-Location Doc Mitchell.esp

Advanced Recon Gear-Power Armor.esp

changing the ini order is the one that worked for me. i didnt even know there was an update. went to play yesterday and it wouldnt work, ealier in the day i did some hard drive maintenance like a defrag and removeing temp file so i thought that did it. reinstalled a few time and nothing lol, came here and seen there was an update and how to fix it. now my ini looks like this and the game and all my mods are working again

SArchiveList=Fallout - Voices1.bsa, AII-FNV!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

I know this has been said before in this thread, but it seems you guys aren't reading what the original poster said. In the link he provided the files aren't named correctly, so if you just copy pasta his link/info you might not get the desired results.

I posted this as a step by step helpful guide. Check it out, see if it works.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/261613-patch-broke-your-texturesmods/