Trying to remove viral sound on spawn...

LiquidBronze

I am trying to remove (or silence) the viral sound on spawn. This is when you break a wood roof for instance, all that yelling and stomping, I would like to remove and try to be a little more surprised when they attack.

I have looked at "hdr_snd_groups" in scripts/audio, there are 4 main soundgroup entries pertaining to the word "spawn." I have 0'ed all the volumes out, but the noise still happens when virals appear. I have tested all 4 and one at a time. Has anyone else tried any other lines, or was able to find what line causes that noise? If you have please share. There are tons of lines in this file, so just guessing would prob take forever...

Thanks,

LB

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else happen to figure this out? I've toiled with this for about an hour and a half now with no luck. :sad:

My friends and I decided that virals are more of a nuisance than a challenge so I got rid of them using some of the tweaks that others have noted, but the damn viral alert sound still plays anytime we do something that would normally alert them.

• 2 weeks later...