Activity points bug

Pushkatu

Hi guys. I am experiencing a wierd bug. Every time I post something my activity points go up to 8k+, then when I don't post for some time it drops down to 6k+. It is realy hard to tell wich one is my real AP. :ermm:

Also I noticed that, as time passes by, some of my old posts will no longer be considered as active and I lose the activity points that I got for those posts. I think this second bug is a general bug. Older members might experience it to, if they have posts older than 1 year.

Thanks,

Pushkatu!

PS: I also noticed while editing my post that the quick edit function is still bugged. I have to use the full editor in order to get rid of the <br><br> ...

Thanks for your reply Yosarrian22, much apreciated. I remember reading something regarding this a while back. I think it goes back to normal every one hour or so, when the sistem that's behind the AP is counting all the points people gained and the changes that occured during the last hour and so it will display your normal AP. Yet every time I post I mess it up. I think the best solution for this has already been found, since it's perfoming an autofix every hour.

Case closed, lesson learned, time to move on!

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

Pushkatu, you are probably a special case because of all of the posts - I remember your competition with SiteBot to see which could get the most posts. I think you had the record for one day before SiteBot completely took over and ran away with first place. :thumbsup:

Heheh. I beat him a couple of times, but he has no mach, so once I realised that I can't win an already lost battle we became good friends and I consider him my big brother. His alpha position was questioned a couple of times by Spaceritual(also a member here) lately, but once he realises that my big brother can't be beaten at his own game, he'll probably quit to. :happy:

Heheh. I beat him a couple of times, but he has no mach, so once I realised that I can't win an already lost battle we became good friends and I consider him my big brother. His alpha position was questioned a couple of times by Spaceritual(also a member here) lately, but once he realises that my big brother can't be beaten at his own game, he'll probably quit to. :happy:

Site bot just reached 150.000 posts, congratz... you not even reached the 15.000, disappointing :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just realised that there is a top members list ordered by the amount of activity points they have. But I don't understand how it works.

For instance, the top member is Deadmarsh (I don't have anything against him, it is only an example), as I didn't know him I was curious to see why he had so many activity points. In his profile it says that most of those points are from files (11,990 points right now). Then I've been searching his profile on the different games to take a look at those succesful mods he has made to download any of them but he hasn't uploaded any mods to Nexus.

Probably it is my fault because I haven't understand how these activity points work and the "files" points are given for something else than people downloading the mods you've uploaded to Nexus, but that is what I understood from reading the article on how they work.

I am not asking for anybody to remove activity points from anyone, I am only asking becuase I curious about how these points are assigned.