Total Newbie

ruan5150

I have been using Steam Workshop mods, and was wondering if they will conflict with anything I may download and input from here. Also, I have my subscription here, and downloaded NMM, what do I do next? Again, total Nexus newbie and would appreciate any help/advice you can give. THANK YOU!!

well when you find a mod you like here be sure to use the "download with Manager" link.

and Yes mods will conflict; many of them here list the ones or types of ones they conflict with.

If you find a Mod here that is Also on steam, i suggest you do what i did; unsubscribe it on steam and download it here; Steam has a 100 meg cap, not to mention it just feels way more to me that the modders are accessible here + you can post screenshots of your character utilizing the mod, etc.

You should add to your post your Computers Stats, and what your goal is, i.e what kind of character you are using, what your play-through goals are, etc.

and (imo) GET SKSE, the Unofficial Patches, and SkyUi, and likely ENBoost. Racemenu and/ Enhanced Character Edit. a body mod if you want... etc.

I started exactly like you. I went Steam Workshop first because it was easier and to be honest, I was intimidated by the Nexus (Having never modded a game ever). I found this video by Gopher and it is a series of video tutorials for begining modding Skyrim through he Nexus.

My main issue with Steam Workshop is trying to manage your mods and how it auto-updates every mod each time you start the game. Sometimes, updating a script heavy mod mid-play through can destroy a save. Modding through the Nexus gives you full control over when and how you update mods and once you get the hang of it it'll be easier.

Once you get an idea of what you're doing, this will help you mod your game and make it stable enough to actually play:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56894/?

Most beginner modders (speaking from personal experience) will download every shiny mod we can get our hands on only to deal with script errors, bugs, and crashes (the worst!). Or overloading your textures so much your framerate looks like a slide show.

These tools will help you mod the game to your systems limits while making it stable and playable.

Good luck!

Edited by Dkboy24

Once again, thank you very much, I've watched the video and the video included in the video and these have both helped. You gentlemen/gentlelady's? have been most helpful.

I have got it now. Thanks for everything, I am really enjoying playing with the complete versions of the mods I had been using from Workshop plus some new and wonderful ENB's