How do I add creature faction data to an item?

Shatterproof

I've seen it done before. Hell, in FO3 all faction to armor association was done with G.E.C.K mods. I just don't get how to do it. If I want to make wearing a helmet add the player to a specific faction, how do I do it in G.E.C.K?

... and I mean a faction OUTSIDE the range of Legion, NCR, and Powder Gang.

Thanks in advance!

I've seen it done before. Hell, in FO3 all faction to armor association was done with G.E.C.K mods. I just don't get how to do it. If I want to make wearing a helmet add the player to a specific faction, how do I do it in G.E.C.K?

... and I mean a faction OUTSIDE the range of Legion, NCR, and Powder Gang.

Thanks in advance!

It's done a little differently for human factions than it is for creature factions; creature factions are far easier. You need to write a script:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scn GhoulMaskScript

short doOnce

;puts the player into the Feral Ghoul Faction so they don't attack him

Begin OnEquip Player

if doOnce == 0

;this clears the crime flag incase the player has gotten into combat with Feral Ghouls before

;this flag is cleared via the MS12Fin quest script whenever the player is not in combat

;So if a player attacks a ghoul, even while wearing the mask they will fight him, but if he drops out of combat, and wears the mask, they will again not be hostile until he attacks them again

ClearFactionPlayerEnemyFlag FeralGhoulFaction

set doOnce to 1

endif

setAlly playerFaction FeralGhoulFaction 1 1 ;FRIEND

End

Begin OnUnEquip Player

setEnemy playerFaction FeralGhoulFaction ;ENEMY

End

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the Ghoul Mask script from FO3, I have ported it over into NV and it works fine. Just replace the FeralGhoulFaction with the faction of the Coyotes (open up the Coyote in the creatures menu and look under 'factions') and it should work fine :)

For humans, just check the scripts linked to faction armor, and replace those factions with whatever faction you wish :)