simple question about removing a mod

adragon82

Hey everyone, this is a rather noobish question here.

I read the mod FAQ both here and on the offical site but couldnt find an aswer to this.

I seem to have hit the mod cap in OBMM where it wont load if I add another mod to it, no matter the type (armor/weapon/companion/map mod) so I was wondering if I can unload as an example an armor mod of an item my character already has in game without losing that armor or corrupting my save game.

Example, I have Raiar's Dancer's Clothes mod installed, found the items in game and its either on my character or in her inventory. I want to uncheck the mod in OBMM so it doesnt load and have it load another mod. Will I lose the items in game?

Seems to me I would since the mod with the files are not being loaded anymore however I am not sure if there is a chance since the items are tied to my save, which is tied to the oblivion.esm, if it would somehow be added to either of those files to continue loading.

You will indeed lose the weapon, or any item, that's tied to the mod you deactivate. The mod added it so it's not in the base game, so it will be removed with the mod.

If you're at or over the 254 (255 total mods but 0 is the starting point) you can start merging mods.

I suggest you get Wrye Bash if you're not already using it. It will automatically merge certain mods into a Bashed Patch. It's an essential tool for the serious modder. It's far superior to OBMM in so many ways. I don't see how people get by without it.

TEST4Gecko is an excellent tool that has the ability to merge mods.

TES4Edit is an excellent overall tool. It's also many other tools. You can simply change the name of the exe and it becomes another tool. Brilliant. Example. Change the name to TES4LODgen.exe and bam, you now have LODgen. There are other options as well, it's like 5 tools in one.

Just do your research on each of the above tools. They're all excellent in their own way and very powerful. They have the ability to greatly enhance your modding experience but also have the ability to annihilate your install if you misuse them. So read the documentation, then read it again, then go searching for tutorials and follow them step by step.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the repy.

Yeah I am at the OBMM cap :-/

I was looking at Wrye Bash, isntalled it and read the readme and almost dropped a load in my pants when my head stopped spinning from information overload. It has a ton of options far more than I will ever need but I thought I would make this thread while I wait for enough time to actually go over the entire program so I dont royally FUBAR my game with it.

Again, thank you for the reply.