Witch Hunt disappointment

Lehcar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i chose the dark ritual ending in DA:O, then imported my character in witch hunt, then Morrigan says that i denied her the ritual? But she admits that the child is my son, huh? what happened here?

Hahahaha...... Did she says that?

Damn.. I've deleted all my male warden save games. It's going to take awhile to check this out... It's interesting and funny. Muahahahaha.

i chose the dark ritual ending in DA:O, then imported my character in witch hunt, then Morrigan says that i denied her the ritual? But she admits that the child is my son, huh? what happened here?

@Sacred; Are you running WH v1.0, or v1.1? Depending on what you may have done in DA:O AFTER the coronation, some plot flags in your final Warden's save file may have been re-set so that the imported one doesn't reflect the choices you made. v1.1 corrected all that. (Or at least "all of that" that I, and many others, have tested. :laugh: )

Well I'm gonna sink into Witch Hunt tonight, but I'm a bit confused as to how Morrigan is with child since in my storyline...,

1. I saved Logain and Alistar wasn't hardened so he cried and moaned like a little girl, spat the dummy and walked out on everybody. (just like the moaning wuss he is)

2. I told Morrigan to sod off as I was 'in love..*cough*" with Lei, so no ritual (and also figured giving this psycho a god-child probably isn't a great idea...)

3. Logain made the final blow on the archdemon and he died in the process, a sure indicator that the essence of the old god entered into him and not into the fetus in Morrigan if she somehow tracked down Alistar and rode him while he was in a drunken stupor.

on a side note, married Anora, got Logain's lands and still have Lei on the side (who will probably bear a child since Anora is barren, paving way for my son (hopefully) to be the new king of fereldon). AWESOME ENDING.

As long as you have the 1.1 patch, it will all be fine as she won't acknowledge it. If you did it then the boy is there, if you didn't then she's all alone.

As BKE subtley indicated, if from the game's perspective (allowing for it being fooled by gender-masking mods) it *might* have been possible for Morrigan to have conceived a child by your Warden, and not only during the DR, then in WH she would have. As your mother may have said, "It only takes once..." :ohmy:

[Edit: Unless the DR had been performed, this child would NOT be the OGB. As one conceived BEFORE the Final Battle and without the AD's "essence", he (we know it's a son) would simply be another "born out of wedlock".]

Edited by Thandal

Hooray for unplanned pregnancy. Lol... at least there's no worry about potential reprecussions of creating an archdemon baby. :whistling:

Oh well I supposed it doesn't matter so much, Leliana and Zevran are my preferred love interests anyway. Leli is Lord Aeducan's lovergirl for life and they're perfectly happy together :wub:

Of course, Lord Aeducan already has a wee boy back in Orzammar to worry about, so that's why he asked Loghain to do the DR (because Aeducan didn't want little Trian to have to worry about having a human-god-dragon being for a half sibling that might cause political headaches).

However if I did decline the ritual, I do wonder how Morrigan could have gotten in Alistair's pants and still gotten pregnant when he was locked up in the tower somewhere awaiting execution after the Landsmeet (since I didn't persuade Anora to spare him)... grr I hate how WH is so bugged with plot flags :pinch:

... However if I did decline the ritual, I do wonder how Morrigan could have gotten in Alistair's pants and still gotten pregnant when he was locked up in the tower somewhere awaiting execution after the Landsmeet (since I didn't persuade Anora to spare him)... grr I hate how WH is so bugged with plot flags :pinch:

Well, if you've got WH v1.1 installed, and in the DA:O playthrough from which you imported your PC you a) never warmed Morrigan's tent, and b) refused the DR completely (no surrogates), then in WH there will be no references to any child at all.

The most common cause of "wth?!?" events for players using WH v1.0 who's DA:O experience included both a) and b) above, is continuing to play "Post-Coronation". In that case the last save, from which the plot-flag state is imported into WH, is reset to its default of "DR performed". (Even one visit to "Camp" will do it.)

I'm not sure exactly how this was addressed in v1.1, but I do know one of the people who were beta testers of the "corrected copy". S/He is a builder of some great mods and a sometime contributor here on Nexus, and s/he pointed the BioWare team to parts of the problem and the solution they eventually implemented!

I cant believe I actually reinstalled DA:O for this crap... Jesus... It kinda felt like the end for my warden :( But I sent him through the portal with Morri... Always was a Wild crazy witch Addict.

After awakening I was seriously thinking about what happened with her, would think it would remain a history until DA 3 or something, this was just a disappointment.

Thought with Flemeth in DA2 I think there's gonna be something epic of a story "Beyond this world and even The Fade" if you ask me... But untill then I'll just go snipe down some noobtubers in Black Ops 8) God Bless Dragunov.

A question: Does Morrigan really need the Warden to have her story to continue? I feel now that the Warden drags her down and drags the story down, Your story ended at Origins and this was nothing more than beating a dead horse for me. IDK I would rather see Morrigan as herself than to see her as gooey love-struck person who doesn't know what to do. Just because you don't know the answer yet doesn't mean that it is the end of the world. I don't like to be spoiled by the writers by giving me the end and I feel that Gaider really walked a fine line from giving Morrigan lovers a good ending and not spoiling the whole story. This was the ending for the Warden not the ending for the series. Lets just wait till DA2 arrives then we can discuss about Flemeth to death. I'm sure that it will be interesting and I'll get a new sig juts for fun.

Oh and Corlan it wasn't aimed at you, it was just a little thought that popped in my head.