Witch Hunt disappointment

Lehcar

Well the biggest thing that makes the whole Morrigan romance very not "sexy" or "romanctic" is the pregnancy thing, at least for me. Honestly I'm not sure how guys can find that attractive in any way shape or form. That's about the biggest turn off I could ever think of, and trust me it's near impossible to turn this love machine off. And to add insult to injury she scrams with the kid to throw him through a magical elf mirror and leaves you in the dust like you're a worthless piece of garbage ugh.

I'm a male. So this is my point of view regarding Moriggan's pregnancy thing. The child is yours and you will be looking for Morrigan in Witch Hunt anyway. So it's not an issue. The main issue with romancing Morrigan, at least for me, is she dumps you ( as she claim love make her weak. OK that's fine with me... suit herself ) and it's later reveal ( deleted Dark Ritual's cutscene - Morrigan Betrayal ) that she sleeps with Alistair after the Landsmeet! It's greatly hurt my feeling and making me hate Alistair. I can't believe my best friend whom I've been trying very hard to promote as king dare to sleep with my love interest! This is backstabbing! Since then when I play as male warden, I'll eliminate Alistair at Landsmeet in favour for Loghain and allowing Loghain to sacrifice himself, in case I decided not to accept Morrigan's offer. I will also bed Morrigan as soon as possible before dumping her in favor for Leliana ( just for revenge ).

But role playing a female warden, it's become difficult for me. I'm not an expert when it's come to female's feeling and it's ridiculous to romance Alistair or Zevran for me. Still I'm wondering what's actually female think about Morrigan's offer. Will you allow your lover to bed other women just to save your own self? What's the purpose of Witch Hunt for you then?

Anyway, Bioware is making a big mistake by plotting Ultimate Sacrifice and yet implement import character feature, making Morrigan's Dark Ritual a total failure.

Just my 2 cent.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... And Alistair, assuming he didn't become king and didn't die... well, his absence from his Warden duties kind of wasn't explained in Awakening or any of the other DLCs. That bothered me a lot.

Yeah, Alistair's willingness (eagerness, even) to duck responsibility is the main reason I dislike him. By the time of his cameo appearance in DA:A, (if you had certain endings in DA:O) I'm like, "Better off without you and your whinging!"

(Although he is cute, in an "Awwww shucks" kind of way...)

But back on topic:

Can't say how I'd feel if the "Deleted Scene" were part of my PC's experience. Maybe that's why it was deleted? Didn't happen in my Ferelden, so not an issue for me. :biggrin:

At least in Morrigan's case I can respect that she is determined to do what she thinks she needs to do, despite the hurt it causes for you AND her. Alistair is always trying to duck it. What makes the story in DA:O work for me are her expressions of, if not regret for, at least recognition of the pain her decision(s) will cause, and the poignancy of her feelings afterwards as received through her ring, if you kept it. ('Course you have to want to see it that way... :wub: )

So for me, Witch Hunt is about "getting the one who, through pride and stubborness, and more than a little fear, almost got away." Since that pretty much summarizes my perspective on what happened between me and my RL Sweetie (of over 30 years now!) you can see why it would have resonated.

... Anyway, Bioware is making a big mistake by plotting Ultimate Sacrifice and yet implement import character feature, making Morrigan's Dark Ritual a total failure.

Just my 2 cent.

Can't see what, or why, they should have done differently here. The DR isn't a "total failure", unless you refuse so do it -- which is the only way you end up at the point of deciding whether you, or another Warden, will perform the US. You don't HAVE to import your (now dead) Warden into WH, (or DA:A, or GoA, for that matter.) Any necessary "suspension of disbelief" is totally up to you, since there's no good reason to have done so in the first place except that you wanted YOUR Warden anyway, despite the choices you made in DA:O. :laugh:

But role playing a female warden, it's become difficult for me. I'm not an expert when it's come to female's feeling and it's ridiculous to romance Alistair or Zevran for me. Still I'm wondering what's actually female think about Morrigan's offer. Will you allow your lover to bed other women just to save your own self? What's the purpose of Witch Hunt for you then?

Just my 2 cent.

I'm female and won't even attempt to play a male role for the very reason you have stated I don't and can't think like a male and to be honest I don't particularly want to.

As for my personal feelings re the DR, I did go along with the DR and get Alistair to sleep with the * friend (yes I liked her up until that poing) and it hurt like you wouldn't believe, I never ever watched the scene either, just hit Esc as fast I could and as soon as I read Thandals console cheat to refuse her offer and stay alive I used it and I've never accepted her offer since, nor do I intend to again.

When I did speak to Alistair about the offer of the DR I did not use persuasion on him, I wanted the choice to be his as much as it was possible, my thinking being that if this was real I hoped he would want me to live and not because I pressured him into it by running a guilt trip on him. I could be wrong here, but I feel that if you really love someone and you had the chance to save their life, male or female, wouldn't you do it? If you ignore the baby aspect and your woman offered to go to bed with someone in those circumstances to save your life what would you do?

As for the purpose of WH, for me there is no purpose which is why I haven't bought it in fact I haven't bought any of the DLC after Return to Ostagar and I don't see Rosemary's Morrigans/Alisters baby as a "baby" to me it's just as unnatural as her and Flemeth.

What?? She... what?? Slept with Alistair?? As in, before the ritual?? And he did it... willingly?? Where did you hear about this deleted scene??? :blink:

Is this just if a male warden is romancing her? Or does it also happen if you've got a female warden with Alistair?? Or does it always happen regardless of who you're with??

By the way, that sound you heard, was the sound of my warden's heart shattering into a million, zillion little pieces. :(

What?? She... what?? Slept with Alistair?? As in, before the ritual?? And he did it... willingly?? Where did you hear about this deleted scene??? :blink:

Is this just if a male warden is romancing her? Or does it also happen if you've got a female warden with Alistair?? Or does it always happen regardless of who you're with??

By the way, that sound you heard, was the sound of my warden's heart shattering into a million, zillion little pieces. :(

Ever wonder why your warden suddenly ask Morrigan if she decide to betray him/her? That's happen before she even offer her DR 'solution'. Here's the missing answer:

http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1611

Warning: This cutscene is heart breaking. It could change how you preceive Morrigan and Alistair. I don't think it will affect female warden much tho since you most probably going to ask Alistair to sleep with Morrigan anyway. It does affect male warden greatly.

I don't understand though, it doesn't say anything about Morrigan or Alistair cheating on the Warden...

But I don't care if Alistair would have done her anyway, the fact that he did it willingly behind my Warden's back, is still extremely hurtful and unforgivable. :(

You mean this comic?

Yep that was originally suppose to be there, depending on your relationship with Morrigan. The Empress of Orlais was also making an appearance and some Qunari (not Sten) were suppose to have their original look (it's the DA2 look). It was cut because they didn't had time to implemented it or the engine didn't allow it, which is a shame. There was no Alistair cheating or anything because she asked him beforehand (Edit: Beforehand if what she is doing to do is okay). Now that we know the answer, happy?

Alistair does not cheat on the warden in the game nor is there a hint of it, unless I completely missed something in XX playthroughs.

He only has sex with Morrigan during the DR to save I assume his or your life, because when you play the first time as a woman, you don't know that he sacrifices himself, so I interpreted the DR as being as much for him as me.

I did install the DR mod to see what it was about and it didn't do anything to change my opinion of Morrigan or the DR to want to use it again. Personally from my female point of view I think the DR should never have been in the game. I would rather have had the option for them both to die or both live.