Mod to make companions walk alongside your char?

hade123

Well the title pretty much says it all. I've got 2 to 3 companions for my char and its kinda weird to see them walk in a single file when following me.. Is there a mod out there that changes this? or can something like this even be done through modding?

Well the title pretty much says it all. I've got 2 to 3 companions for my char and its kinda weird to see them walk in a single file when following me.. Is there a mod out there that changes this? or can something like this even be done through modding?

I once tried exactly this by making the companion follow a marker diagonally ahead of the player. And the marker was constantly moved by a quest script. That worked, BUT..

The companion was constantly changing between walk and run, much more frequent than following the player. And this doesn't look good. I thought that a global variable would control this behaviour, but could not find one. Apparently hard-coded. :sad:

seems to me that that this might be possible, though some scripting would be required to keep your companions at what ever distance and coordinates needed to keep them side by side each other and you. maybe all a bit complicated of a task to make such a small goal be accomplished.sorry i cant help further atm.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34878

This should be exactly what you're looking for.

Also, post these types of questions on the Mod Detectives thread.

Sorry, I'll post stuff like this in the mod detectives thread in the future..

but thank you, makes having companions much better now..

bah, don't apologize for that. It was just FYI. :wink: