Horses

crossfirex

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossfirex: Wrong.

If it came with the game when you bought it (or any official add-on, DLC or expansion) then you may NOT use it in any other game. Yes, passing out the entire thing is illegal, so is distributing any individual part of that package.

In this case, taking any of, say - Oblivion's Horse meshes, textures, animations or sounds - for use in Fallout 3, or New Vegas, is not legal or acceptable.

Edited by The Vampire Dante

If it came with the game when you bought it (or any official add-on, DLC or expansion) then you may NOT use it in any other game. Yes, passing out the entire thing is illegal, so is distributing any individual part of that package.

In this case, taking any of, say - Oblivion's Horse meshes, textures, animations or sounds - for use in Fallout 3, or New Vegas, is not legal or acceptable.

Then would not the people who ported fallout 3's original guns be doing something illegal?

Then would not the people who ported fallout 3's original guns be doing something illegal?

Yes, and thats why we dont allow ports of original content from FO to be ported to say... FONV. Not on the nexus sites.

Only modder created material, and then only with permission from the original author.

Most of the original guns, and about 90% of the resources from FO3 are already in the NV files, even if they are not being used in NV - So , no problem. However, None of the Oblivion resources are in either. And Beth says you cannot use them if they come from another game, even if it is theirs..

Why? I wish I had a dollar for every time I have answered that. It's because Beth doesn't own the copyrights for those. They were licensed from third party developers who could sue Beth for allowing them to be used in a game they are not licensed for.

You can use anything you want in your own game on your own computer. However you are not allowed to distribute those not allowed resources by including them in a mod for a game they were not licensed for. What this means is we will remove the mod and ban you for knowingly doing it if you upload them here.

If you can make a new horse mesh, a new skeleton, new animations, new AI and new textures for a horse Then that would be your horse and you could upload it here and anywhere else and for any game you wanted to.

This thread is starting to turn a bit sour. Ill try to steer it back on course.

I wish I knew what I was doing with a full blown 3d model+textures+skeleton+animation but I dont.

Maybe some of us entry level designers can get a proof of concept going for example just a box with with 4 rectangles out the bottom, no texs, animations, etc, etc get it in the game and work on getting the mounting and riding functions to work.

I believe the more we attempt this and the more we have started the more attractive this will be.

This thread is starting to turn a bit sour. Ill try to steer it back on course.

I wish I knew what I was doing with a full blown 3d model+textures+skeleton+animation but I dont.

Maybe some of us entry level designers can get a proof of concept going for example just a box with with 4 rectangles out the bottom, no texs, animations, etc, etc get it in the game and work on getting the mounting and riding functions to work.

I believe the more we attempt this and the more we have started the more attractive this will be.

Yeah, was getting off track. Anyhow, the TESnexus resources with permissions from the modders, CAN be used. It's just a matter of getting animations after that, since the strands of code, relating to horses are still found in a few parts of the game. You can see them in listings when you edit the game with geck.

to add horses from oblivion to new vegas would be like impossible even if you have the animations meshes and sounds it's all about the engine so the character's skeleton becomes the creature's skeleton, well they have removed the mounting from fallout 3 & New vegas games

I don't see how it is illegal to port horses from oblivion to new vegas since they are the same companies bethesda and obsidian who done new vegas.

Would someone, a good texture, mesher, animator, be able to make a new horse by tracing over the oblivion one?

Like have the mesh for the oblivion horse open in one program and then build it from scratch in another program, or same program, just by looking at the completed product. Would that be legal? Texturing and animating would be a different issue.