How to make a gun fully automatic

smoblikat

I downloaded the mod to make it fully auto but i would like to know HOW he made it full auto. i tried making it full auto but all that happens is my gun looks like its firing but it doesdnt until i let go of the mouse.

It will require using the GECK and a few simply boxes checked!

In the GECK, open FalloutNV.esm and wait for it to load; hit the button that looks like a disk on the top left and it will prompt you to create a new plugin file (or open another plugin file of your choice to make things tidier by going to 'open' double-clicking FalloutNV.esm as well as the plugin you wish to modify, then hit 'set as active' on the plugin so that it is being edited). Once everything has loaded, go to Weapons on the left which will bring up all the weapons in the game. Scroll down to WeapNVServiceRifle, right click and Edit. Click the box that says 'Automatic' on the right side, above the tabs. In the first tab Game Data, adjust your Fire Rate to your desired rate of fire (an example being that the Assault Rifle is 12.0). May have to adjust a few other things, such in the next tab Art and Sound, but you should essentially just go to another automatic weapons like WeapNVAssaultRifle and compare your options. Other things that may need adjustment: Attack Anim, Projectile (most automatics use AutoTracerProjectile), and Attack Multiplier for balance.

cyphreiredell forgot one important piece of information, one that i frequently forget myself.. under the "attack anim" drop down box, you need to select "attackloop". the reason it is firing as you let go is because you still have the gun set on "attackleft" or whatever it is for the SR..

The only thing that you should need to adjust is attackanim to "attackloop", check the "automatic" box and change the fire rate to 10 - 12. Also adjust the weapon damage accordingly (about 11 is vanilla for low power assault rifles i think).

Also, the 3 round burst is unfortunately not possible.

Hope Ive helped.

cyphreiredell forgot one important piece of information, one that i frequently forget myself.. under the "attack anim" drop down box, you need to select "attackloop". the reason it is firing as you let go is because you still have the gun set on "attackleft" or whatever it is for the SR..

The only thing that you should need to adjust is attackanim to "attackloop", check the "automatic" box and change the fire rate to 10 - 12. Also adjust the weapon damage accordingly (about 11 is vanilla for low power assault rifles i think).

Also, the 3 round burst is unfortunately not possible.

Hope Ive helped.

You definitly did help thanks a lot. :)

• 7 years later...

I downloaded the mod to make it fully auto but i would like to know HOW he made it full auto. i tried making it full auto but all that happens is my gun looks like its firing but it doesdnt until i let go of the mouse.

I too, the gun don't fire until I let go of the mouse

Please note the date of the previous post, and see the Nexus "Terms of Service" about not resurrecting old threads. The primary reason is that the original thread participants are seldom still around, and it is unlikely that you have exactly the same setup. Details matter.

Things have evolved since 2010. Assuming the weapon is already designed/modded to permit automatic fire, add the mod "JIP Selective-Fire". Otherwise, look into any of the "Animation Replacers", or alternate mods of the weapon in question.

-Dubious-