DLC sized Dwemer and Snow Elf Mod for Skyrim: HELP WANTED

serenityswillow

Description:

Get sucked back in time by a Dwemer portal which throws you into the middle of the between the Dwemer and the Snow Elves! Which side will you choose! Or will you join the Resistance Force to stop the fighting and get home, where the two races will hopefully live in peace and harmony with the rest of the Fourth Era? It's up to you to decide who you join!

(Unable to explore 1st Era Skyrim yet, only Dwemer Ruins are available.)

I have had this idea for a DLC sized Mod for a long time, and since I have got the Creation Kit myself I was hoping that with some help this idea will come true.

I am not good with creating mods, but I am creating the Snow Elves and Dwemer races as we speak. Loads of help will be appreciated with making this mod. I have some of the main quests features figured out but any ideas and help with be appreciated. Also, anyone who wants to voice a main and sub character please tell me.

Edited by serenityswillow

• 2 months later...

Well, that didn't work.

Seriously though, I really like this idea but I have no idea how to mod. :(

I am pretty savvy at (learning) lore and thus could help on that front (possibly).

If you haven't already, I would suggest contacting successful mod authors to see if they would be interested in collaborating on this.

Actually, I have been thinking on resurrecting the Dwemer race in some way as well. However, a DLC sized mod when you are just starting with modding, or have not much experience, is way too much. Really, it is.
In about 2 months, I might have some time helping you, if you are still interested. The only thing is: a DLC sized mod might not be a realistic thing to do.

(it could grow out to be larger, just start small and add small portions over a longer period)

BTW, I am interested in lore, and am trying to learn more about it. ;)

Edited by ErianDragonborn

Weeeell, you guys may have a way of pulling off the DLC thing.

Stumbled upon this thread a few days ago. Talk to DwemerConstructsLtd. If he is still around, he would probably be more than willing to help you.

I do have a suggestion, we shouldn't reveal what happens to the dwemer to keep this canon. The premise of the whole mod could stilll be about finding the dwemer, but it should be overall fruitless.. :dance: :wallbash:

I can start contacting people if you guys want to do this. I will be out of school in a few weeks and then I can start organizing this.

Before you guys start the inevitable line of questioning due to my implied age, I am 16, but am quite mature. I do not say this to brag rather, I say it because I have to. If I don't, there would be questions asked about my reliability, intelect and maturity due to the stereotypical rash, egocentric teen. On the contrary, I try to be modest, humble, and maintain a level head.

I've look through the other topic, and I think I might agree with the point that the dissappearence of the dwemer should not (entirely) be explained. This in the same way that a magician doesn't tell his tricks. That would spoil the mystery, and I don't think Bethesda kept it a secret just because they don't know either.

However, revealing more about the dwemer would be nice. Most people are not all that familiar with lore, and a time machine could show them where the dwemer came from, and how they lived. Some bit of mystery could be resolved in my opinion, but it would be best if more questions arose at the same time.
There are some thoughts on how they disappeared, too. If you don't know yet, then the video from ShoddyCast about Dwemer is very interesting.

Oh, and if you can find more people who want to work on it, then that is great!
Usually, making the world and the quests takes up a long time. We could therefore start by using old dwemer ruins and clean those up. They have been built back then after all, so they should be there. Some halls are caved in now, so we could restore those and make something new out of them. Also, we should get rid of all of the falmer (obviously). I think this is the easiest way to start.

Edited by ErianDragonborn

Just a heads up, if you want people to actually join the team or be interested, it helps to have screenshots, to indicate that you can do work. Many of us don't like to just listen to what an 'idea guy' is saying. You need to prove you can carry your weight in such a large project.

Edited by trainwiz

Just a heads up, if you want people to actually join the team or be interested, it helps to have screenshots, to indicate that you can do work. Many of us don't like to just listen to what an 'idea guy' is saying. You need to prove you can carry your weight in such a large project.

I can't really model, I can't texture, I am trying to learn CK, and I am beginning work on a storyboard. I said maybe a few weeks, if we get, say, a storyline, board, and scene/architecture descriptions along w/ concept art, would that be good enough for you?