how do i convert my dlc off of ultimate disk in to a dazip/overide

Valkirth

@thandal what about if i have to re-install will i need to verify it again or is a one off verification?,that's why i want it in dazip just in case my net gets cut off so I've always got a copy that i don't need to connect to the net and verify it,like with the mods off the nexus just drop it in DA mod manager dazip folder and then turn on no net needed. if im confusing you just say so and will try to explain what i mean.

dwarf's pfffft elves rule lol

a. What's confusing to those of us who are responding is when you make reference to "problems", like in Post #8 about a "3-4 GB download". There is no such download involved with the retail disc version of the UE. I don't know if the fixed ver 1.1 of Witch Hunt made it into the UE. If not, then there is an approx. 1GB download for that, but it is available as a standalone ".exe" anyway. In all cases, see, b., below.

b. The way BioWare/EA has packaged this content, you will always need a connection to "authorize" it for use. But once authorized, you no longer need a connection at all. Trying to evade the similar requirement instituted by Bethesda (using Steam) for Fallout - New Vegas is exactly what is getting a whole LOT of people banned here on Nexus.

@thandal 1 thanks for taking the time to try helping me 2) i totally suck at trying to explain what i mean to people :( 3) i do have witch hunt although im not sure what version it is,Witchhunt is 823mb to download alone 1.61gb unzipped,4)what i meant about the download is that once game is registered i can download all the dlc i get on the disk off bioware site in dazip form,there's 19 dlc's by the time your count the awakening versions and the extra's which equals 3-4 GB to download it all (yes im aware the disk only says 7 that's why i was surprised to see 19 when i check installed content on main menu),all i was trying to ask anyone was if they knew how i could convert my dlc off the disk(its in an addins and offers folder when you install it) in to a override or dazip so i could just drop it in to da mod manager

ill just keep to installing from the disk and verifying the dlc if i need to re-install its easier (referring to your comment b) but i appreciate your help anyways :thumbsup:

Edited by Phoenix_1982

Ok, for clarification- what you're wanting to do, is to make a backup of the dlc files to avoid having to RE-download them, in case you ever need to reinstall the game, yes?

This is a fairly simple matter. Once the DLC's are installed, you can copy the files off of your computer, either onto another location on your hard drive, onto a (suitably sized) usb drive, or burn it onto a dvd. In which case, after a reinstall, you just copy the files back into your documents folder.

HOWEVER, you will STILL need to validate them with the bioware servers, but not have to re-download them all.

ALL DLC files are installed in your /documents/bioware/dragon age/ folder. Along with your savegames, and mod add-ons.

I personally recommend backing up that entire folder. However for those of us running a LOT of mods, and a LOT of savegames, that folder can exceed the amount of space on some of the smaller USB drives, or dvd disks. So for just the DLC files, the folder that you want is documents/bioware/dragon age/addins/

MOST of the dlc files install to folders named like DAO_PRC_ ...... (tho not sure about some of the later DLC folders or Awakening).

Once you've got those copied off, you can then copy and paste them back into your dragon age (in documents) after the reinstall. But, like I said, you'll still need to validate your game at Bioware.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Ok, for clarification- what you're wanting to do, is to make a backup of the dlc files to avoid having to RE-download them, in case you ever need to reinstall the game, yes?

Wellllll, this cannot be the case...

The OP has stated they own the Ultimate Edition, which is every single DLC and released campaign ON DISC. So there is no "downloading" involved. I'm still trying to understand what possible purpose the request has (other than breaking the EULA to avoid the "authorization" requirement.)

@ darkewolf thank you for your help appreciate it must took ya a while to type all that out lol, i got no prob validating it

@thandal 1) didn't know it was breaking eula thanks for that 2) mostly because if i download dlc off bioware its in dazip form which means i can use it in DA mod manager (dont like manual installed content all my mods off nexus are dazip or override nothing manual) :biggrin:

@ darkewolf thank you for your help appreciate it must took ya a while to type all that out lol, i got no prob validating it

@thandal 1) didn't know it was breaking eula thanks for that 2) mostly because if i download dlc off bioware its in dazip form which means i can use it in DA mod manager (dont like manual installed content all my mods off nexus are dazip or override nothing manual) :biggrin:

But, I guess I'm still confused: "What download"? With the UE, there is no download of content at all.

After installing from the discs to the player's machine (where it winds up in the folders DarkeWolf identified) the "back-up" copy is... the discs! THAT'S what I'm trying to understand... :confused:

I assume the "content" you're talking about is: TSP, RtO, WK, LS, FeastDay Crap, "The DLC Which Must Not Be Named", GoA, and WH. All of which is already on your machine as "dazips" and manged on the Downloadable Content menu (and with DAMM) just as before. That isn't violating the EULA at all.

But the way you kept asking about copies of the DLC and not wanting to have to download, it seemed like you were asking how to avoid having to "authorize" your content at all. You know, "Make a copy that I can play, and also be able to give my discs to a friend so they can play too..."

@thandal 1) lol i see where i've confused you,im not saying i have to download any dlc just to play them its just that once game has been registered you can go in your bioware/ea account and are given the option of downloading it in dazip form(im sorry i confused you with the download bit) i was simply asking if the dlc folders could be converted in to a dazip rather then downloading it in dazip form ,when the dlc is installed its not in dazip its just folders put in addins so i cant use it in damm,

2) i would never promote piracy if any of my friends wanted to play any of the dlc id say then go buy it from the shop (unfortunately none of my friends play computers games at all)they just tell me to get a life and stop wasting my time playing games ...hah as if!

3) how did you get the quotes under your avatar and at the bottom of your posts?

... i was simply asking if the dlc folders could be converted in to a dazip rather then downloading it in dazip form ,when the dlc is installed its not in dazip its just folders put in addins so i cant use it in damm,

And this is what confused me, since all of my DLC does appear, and can be "controlled" in DAMM.

Below is a shot of my current Dragon Age config as it appears with DAMM. The DLC are all listed in the "Installed DAzips" column on the far left side, along with a number of other "unofficial" mods I've added.

The Leliana's Song DLC is highlighted, and the file notes for it are displayed on the far right.

I can selectively "check" or "uncheck" (make active or not) any of the items in that "DAzips" column. As I could by using the "Installed Content" menu from within the game itself. In fact, these are just two different ways of displaying the exact same content and information, and the game program treats them the same.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1289965531.png

So I'm not sure what it is that you're trying to do that you can't do already. Although I am quite willing to believe that BioWare made some kind of change to the file packaging and installation for the UE, I haven't heard any reports that this was the case.

3) how did you get the quotes under your avatar and at the bottom of your posts?

The one at the bottom of one's posts is called the "signature" (or more usually, just "sig"), and can be set by each user on the "Profile" tab found on that user's "Settings" page. The quote under one's avatar is customizable after (I think it's) 500 posts. :thumbsup:

@thandal 1) :wallbash: forgot about that my bad 2) any idea where the dlc dazip's are located

500! ooohhhhh i got a bit of away to go then lol