ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Custom Keymap Problem

superthero

I play Skyrim on a laptop. I recently found out that Skyrim does not read custom windows keymapping

My 'S' key was recently broken (The actual key is broken, replacing the cover wouldn't matter)), so I used "Sharpkeys" to change F7 (useless key) function to 'S'. My computer now treats F7 as an 'S' key, but Skyrim does not for some reason.

I now have no way to type the letter 'S' in the Console (a huge problem, the letter 'S' is used in almost every single console command). I don't care about the controls, those are not a problem, but I can't even type the letter 'S'! For in-game controls I use 'X' in place of 'S'.

Is there any way to fix this? I really need help, I've been searching online for hours, anything I find is related to the actual in-game controls, which are not a problem for me.

Please help!

You had two options:

http://www.pctips.smittystips.com/Images/keyboardnumpad.jpg

1: Press and hold the fn + alt keys, punch in the number of the ascii character you want and then let go of the fn + alt keys

or

2: Press fn + num lk keys (the little light above num lk should light up), and then press alt + the number of the ascii character you want on the laptop number pad.

The other way its create a text (.txt) file in Skyrim folder, then write the console command you want on that file:
example: player.additem F 1000
(use one command per line or just create different files)
Save this files (don't use "S" on the name of the file :dry: )

Then type in game "bat nameofthefile" (without .txt)

:geek:

My laptop also doesn't have the Num Lk keys...

The bat file would work, but there are far too many commands to know beforehand.

Maybe if I could somehow enter a command with the letter 'S' in it, then I'd reselect the command and delete everything but the 'S'!