Custom Race - creating facial preset

ClayPidgeon162

Bascially, I'm creating a custom race so I can give my character tattoos and a unique body type without affecting other characters in the game. I know enough to add hair, eyes, textures, etc. to the custom race, but what I need help on is how I can create facial presets for this custom race.

Also, is there any way I can import a face from a New Vegas save game into these presets, or at the very least get the numerical facial values on this save game? The current character I use, whose face I got just how I want it, is built off of a custom preset from a mod, and I tried one of those savegame face import programs to put the face on my custom race, but it didn't seem to work. Preferably, I'd like this face to be an automatic preset so I can simply restart a new game from the beginning.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Try creating a character with the new custom race, tweak the settings to create the face you want as a preset, then tick "is chargen face preset" that should give you the new faces under presets in cc.

As for the import thing, I was just going to suggest something like facegen exchange but if you wanted it as a preset through GECK I do not think it will work, if you can keep a screeny of the face then tweak the editor till it matches that seems to be the only option, but hopefully someone else may have another solution.

Best Regards

Vampessa

Try creating a character with the new custom race, tweak the settings to create the face you want as a preset, then tick "is chargen face preset" that should give you the new faces under presets in cc.

As for the import thing, I was just going to suggest something like facegen exchange but if you wanted it as a preset through GECK I do not think it will work, if you can keep a screeny of the face then tweak the editor till it matches that seems to be the only option, but hopefully someone else may have another solution.

Best Regards

Vampessa

Thanks, I got it working. My main problem with the face import was my custom race ethnic values were off a little from the original race I used to create my character. Simply made a copy of that race and built it from there and the import worked perfectly. Couldn't get the face set to a preset, but I don't mind using the face exchange program whenever I start a new game (did it all the time with Oblivion). Thank you for the reply and setting me on the right course.