Invisible Cursor

Herculine

When I start Dragon Age my mouse cursor cannot be seen, making it not impossible but very difficult and frustrating to navigate menus, create a character or actually play.

Is there a simple setting that I have overlooked that will make my mouse cursor visible? How can I remedy this issue?

Quick fix would be to go to C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\packages\core\data\cursors (assuming you went with the default install) and copy the entire cursors folder to your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override. If your cursors don't show up after doing that you have other problems like the hidden_cursor.cur somehow overriding the others.

It is a file in the cursors folder that when active makes the cursor disappear. In the folder you copied to your override, delete it and then make a copy of the standard.cur in that folder (Windows will rename it "copy of") then rename it to hidden_cursor.cur.

Just out of curiosity, are you running in windowed mode or full screen?

I was playing in full-screen mode and the renaming didn't work either.

But switching to windowed mode does indeed make the cursor visible.

I was hoping to play in full-screen, but I suppose windowed will do for now.

Uber thanks for the help!

It must be some kind of Windows 7 bug, because I just discovered that I have the same "invisible cursor" issue with Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic".

Hmmmm... Mine is a Win7 rig, and I haven't seen this behavior. For me, the "Invisible Cursor" only "appears" when cutscenes and .bnks launch. :mellow: