Armor Mods with the Armor Bench

vilkatis

Crossfirex asked if armor mods could be implemented in FNV in the New Vegas Mods Request section

Here: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/263910-armor-modification/page__gopid__2369389#entry2369389

I`m not sure if it is possible to implement armor mods so they would work just as weapon mods do,so i propose something else instead,an armor bench.

Now i will roll my ideas here,and tell me what sounds good to you,and what can be improved.

The recipies for the armor mods may be sold in shops as schematics and(or) found in hard to get places(but they will be worth it).

Lets say we have a Leather Armor.

Should there be a mod that just adds several stats to it?

or maybe it should work like this

there will be several types of mods

Hunter mods,Prospector mods,Gunner mods,Bravery mods.(or other names,if you have any ideas)

Hunter mods would add sneak,walk speed,and would decrease the weight of your armor.This could be done with 3 consecutive mods,or with one mod that adds them all.What would be better?

Prospector mods would increase weight you can carry,etc etc(didnt think of it yet)

I think i could make a stealth mod ,that would add permanent cloaking,or maybe cloaking that would suck up action points,or cloaking that works only 2h a day.Whichever you think is better

It would be great if the mods would add some change in how that armor looks,and if the armor bench would have it`s own look,cause right now i just made it look like the work bench.

If anyone can help with that,it would be very nice.

Throw some more ideas if you have any.I`d like to make a quality mod,this is why i`m starting this topic.

Thanks.

This is the kind of mod I was thinking of making myself but armor doesnt have the "press x to mod choice" so that kind of killed it, due to my inexperiance in the GECK.

I wanted a way to add DT to any wearable clothing or light armor. For example: Say I have on a Merc Troublemaker outfit and I love the way my character looks with this armor, but it only has a DT of 1 and that doesn't help much. So I thought it would be easy to make a recipe for say, metal or leather plates that could be added to the armor to increase DT but leave the visual intact, leaving my character looking like a wasteland cowboy and having the protection to boot. But I have no idea how to do that other than making a whole new set of armor, and that would take a while if I wanted to do it for all the clothing and armor in the game. If someone can find a way to give armor the mod choice it would be much easier.

Im sure theres others out there that want a bullet proof business suit, right?