Stolen items

Lehcar

The "Stolen" flag seems to be borked very badly in my game. It started very suddenly and I can't figure out what is causing it...

See for some reason items that are flagged "stolen", are causing other items to not show up while they're in my inventory. For example, if I have two stolen repair hammers, all of my non-stolen ones will not show up in my inventory until I sell the two stolen ones.

Also, for some reason all of my duplicate stolen items are not stacking, so I have to go through and sell them all one by one... very irritating...

I already tried re-installing and it did not fix the problem... I tried deactivating all of my mods, but to no avail...

(btw no bumping this time... sorry about that i just i guess nobody knows? no one ever replies to my topics...)

The "Stolen" flag seems to be borked very badly in my game. It started very suddenly and I can't figure out what is causing it...

See for some reason items that are flagged "stolen", are causing other items to not show up while they're in my inventory. For example, if I have two stolen repair hammers, all of my non-stolen ones will not show up in my inventory until I sell the two stolen ones.

Also, for some reason all of my duplicate stolen items are not stacking, so I have to go through and sell them all one by one... very irritating...

I already tried re-installing and it did not fix the problem... I tried deactivating all of my mods, but to no avail...

(btw no bumping this time... sorry about that i just i guess nobody knows? no one ever replies to my topics...)

Inventory problems like this typically are caused by carrying around too much stuff in your inventory/container/CMPartner/whatever. It is, in this scenario, likely to be a manifestation of a known bug in Oblivion's inventory management when it gets overloaded. The only known solution is to reduce the amount of stuff in your inventory.

Also, I have also seen the non-stacking thing in an inventory - it was on a system/game that is seriously memory-bound (i.e. needs more). It doesn't do that with the same savegame on an identical install on a machine with a larger memory, so I'm currently assuming it to be a memory problem.

Thank you so much for explaining that to me, I'd never heard of this bug before and a google search turned up nothing.

I actually have a really high end computer though, 2 gigs of ram and plenty of hard drive space, is there any way the memory issue can be remedied?

I'm not sure how it can be a memory problem, I've had Oblivion on this comp for some time now, but the problem just started very suddenly about a week ago.

But it's only stolen items that are not stacking like they should be, well occasionally they WILL stack in twos or threes, but no more. It's turning my inventory into a jumbled mess and must be what's causing some items to not show up... :sad:

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

There has been a few reports of stolen ingredients not stacking since OBSE 19. I myself have experienced this as well. It only happens with stolen items and when the stolen tag is removed they stack just fine. You should mention your issue in the OBSE thread at the Bethsoft Forums where it will be noticed. HERE is where another user and myself reported our issues.

Oh my goodness, it WAS OBSE 19 that was causing it! I downgraded to 18 and now everything works perfectly again, I have a non-bugged, properly stacking inventory now! ;D

Thank you so much. I LOVE you. I'm so happy it's unreal... I never would have guessed in a million years that OBSE would be causing that... of all the mods out there, I actually trusted OBSE.

That's extremely bad, and not to mention really upsetting. I wish the creators had tested version 19 more thoroughly before releasing it and calling it "stable", because a bug like that is really hard to miss. That's officially the last time I download a "stable" release of such a mod with full confidence... :dry:

Did you actually report the bug so it will be fixed? Or are you just going to talk down about OBSE on a forum thread that will never be noticed by the developers? With such a vast mod with so many functions, such as OBSE, and thousands of lines of code one simple : can be the difference between a bug and fully functional. Now with thousands of lines of code you do realize how easy one simple typo is right? Okay so please report this in the OBSE thread and I assure you they will look into and fix it in the future. But if no one mentions it they, the developers, are not aware a problem even exists.

They did test OBSE by they way. It had 4 beta versions before it was declared final. So either the bug went unnoticed, highly unlikely since I used all the betas also, or it popped up for some unforeseen and unknown reason.