The best Anti Virus software?

BlackSampleAdmin

_ Avira Antivir Personal

I would actually argue against this. The software has been reported by some as being unsafe. And I personally found it to be nearly useless in terms of detecting any threats. After using it for about 3 months and switching to a more reliable antivirus, my new antivirus detected no less than 5 bits of infected software (all more than a month old) that this program somehow missed. They weren't even false positives.

Sorry, but due to different preferences of their creators you won't find an antivirus program that is 100% safe, the most unsafe and most resistant I'ver ever had in a long-term test was the fee required Norton, so what? In so far I really don't have to correct my workable recommendation. The free mixture I've mentioned above is the key, and what works here works everywhere else, guess so.

Edited by Surenas

_ Avira Antivir Personal

I would actually argue against this. The software has been reported by some as being unsafe. And I personally found it to be nearly useless in terms of detecting any threats. After using it for about 3 months and switching to a more reliable antivirus, my new antivirus detected no less than 5 bits of infected software (all more than a month old) that this program somehow missed. They weren't even false positives.

Sorry, but due to different preferences of their creators you won't find an antivirus program that is 100% safe, the most unsafe and most resistant I'ver ever had in a long-term test was the fee required Norton, so what? In so far I really don't have to correct my workable recommendation. The free mixture I've mentioned above is the key, and what works here works everywhere else, guess so.

It isn't that it wasn't 100% safe, it's that it was only about 20% effective against common threats. Then there are also reports that claim that this software is rogueware.

It isn't that it wasn't 100% safe, it's that it was only about 20% effective against common threats. Then there are also reports that claim that this software is rogueware.

I dare to say that's nonsense, Mr Vagrant

Why? Well, I have fee required AV progs (for online banking) to check the actual situation (esp. conc. 'phishing') that tell another story. I wonder how often is it necessary to point to the closing of welcome ports and to run a security system. A lonesome AV program is a helpless attempt of defense in networked systems.

Edited by Surenas