HELP:ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated cannot find FALLOUT.INI?

Cyberweasel89

Hi. Me again. Sorry...

Um... I'm re-reading the "how to install mods" topic to freshen my memory up, since it's been almost a year since I dabbled in Fallout 3 and its mods. First step, I'm installing ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated. I extract it to my Fallout 3 folder (located in :C/1M Edition/Fallout 3, not the Program Files folder), but I don't add it to the Data folder. But when I click to start it, I get the following error message.

ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!: Error

Cannot find FALLOUT.INI, please select the FALLOUT.INI located in

your My Documents folder.

But I don't see it anywhere in my My Documents folder...

I did a search and another topic on the Nexus says it'll get created when I start the game. So I started it up and, for good measure, created a save file of a test playthrough.

Still nothing. Where is that FALLOUT.INI file? And why can't ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated find it?

So sorry to be a bother... It's been so long, and we've upgraded to Windows 7 since then... I miss Windows Vista, which is something I never thought I'd ever say...

I did a search and another topic on the Nexus says it'll get created when I start the game. So I started it up and, for good measure, created a save file of a test playthrough.

Still nothing. Where is that FALLOUT.INI file? And why can't ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated find it?

You didn't really read my post, did you Fonger? v.v

Posting my answer to here as well since someone else might have same problem and this might end up as a solution!

Ah use this utility!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

Fallout.ini should be located in

C:\Users\Account\Documents\My Games\Fallout3 (Change Account to your name) this is probly due to FOSE, I'm not entirely sure!

also FOMM has a toggle aarchiveinvablablabla

thou I recomend using that utility, can't believe I forgot to recomend that!

btw BOSS is a also good "Mod Order Sorting" (but you still need to manually order them but saves a lot of time!)

DO NOTE that Fallout 3 must create a Fallout.ini first incase you havnt started fallout before! (must have run the fallout3_launcher once before you go meddling with FOMM & FOSE)

Note that the Path I said Is my path that i use on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English.

I had the same problem that I couldn't locate it, that was because I didnt run the game before

BTW! Remember to start all your fallout programs as Administrator just in case if your running with UAC on!

You can also Search for the fallout.ini in your C:\ if you cannot find it! (Best place to search for it is in C:\Users\)

Oh, man... I feel like a total moron...

I was looking for "Fallout.ini" all that time...

Turns out it was only listed as "FALLOUT" in the menu.

I'm so sorry for wasting your time, Ainene...

But thank you very much for your help. I appreciate your time, effort, skill, and knowledge, even though I wasted it...

Oh, man... I feel like a total moron...

I was looking for "Fallout.ini" all that time...

Turns out it was only listed as "FALLOUT" in the menu.

I'm so sorry for wasting your time, Ainene...

But thank you very much for your help. I appreciate your time, effort, skill, and knowledge, even though I wasted it...

Your welcome. I'm guessing you dont have enabled "Show Known File Extensions" thats why you had problems.

since it thinks you know already the file .extension. forgot to ask that. yet another stupid problem that I forgot to ask :-D