Not requests, more surgestions

frank lee

5. They're are a lot of shows and stories that many people know that have elements and characters that would fit in the game well without looking too modern and wrong in a 1950s based wasteland(like MW weapons do) like shows like Firefly (the western like parts not the spaceships part) or doctor who (since time travel) as well as old westerns and other sci fi shows

there are even other games you could bring things from that would add a lot more wonder to the mojave.

6. Again appealing to you old fallout fans, maybe we could make some people come back to life/be impossibly young in the Vegas area, like Cassidy (Cass' Father who was one of the most powerful npcs in the originals) Shows up in the wasteland, as a companion or something to delve into as a quest with Cass, or K-9, or any of the other interesting npcs from the first 2 games.

7. I think everyone will agree Fallout Vegas is severly lacking in original enemies to dismember and blow away. If someone wants to model some new ones that'd be great, however more practically there are many mods adding enemies and models that were either unnoticed or simply uncompleted for fallout 3 that could breathe new murderous life in Vegas. like a modder resouce mod by CIB, the one with the enclave behemoth.

8.Just as a quick request/idea I think the enclave behemoth is a dead ringer for Frank Horrigan from fallout 2, and would LOVE so see it become him, maybe as a super baddie to take on for bored charaters or make him into a quest creature. I mean the models already there, he needs better A.I though, Since Frank used guns and spoke, he wasn't a giant idiot like behemoths are.

9. There's a noticeable lack of van buren attempts for Vegas. why not do some research into VB and see if theres anything worth drawing inspiration from, maybe new factions, armor, locations, enemies, storylines etc.

Sorry for so many posts all at once, but right after I made the last one I thought of a great show that is a post apocalyptic wasteland and would be a great place for modders or just fans of this game for its story to look for ideas or to simply enjoy,

It was a computer animated show called Afterworld, it was an ambitous project costing millions to make and is only online to view. You can find it on youtube I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterworld_(TV_series) - for info.

Okay now I'm done for the moment, can't wait to hear if some of my ideas can help anyone come up with some great mods.

Some nice ideas SW90, I posted the original because the whole meta-thread is -Requests- an I thought folk with 'just an idea' to share were gonna get swamped among people wanting specific weapons, their favorite anime costumes etc.

One small corner of 'concepts' rather than firm requests seemed to be in order.

For your Ed-E backstory idea, a quest that led to some enclave tech, Hellfire armor (a personal fave) might be cool. I particularly agree with the lack of original enemies, I'd put money on that getting addressed by the modding community in the next 6 months, and I'm not a betting man.

And Moraelin, I think the thing thats bugging me about the Kings is they are the coolest, most useful bunch of tribals/gang in the whole waste land and they don't have proper female members! C'mon, get with the beat guys! Chick can rock y'know. :cool:

Your post reminded me of another thing missing in both fo3 and FONV, Tribals!, surely there are still some people in the wastes that still chuck spears! I felt the ones in the FO3 didn't count, I mean they had some tech and armor and lived in a chruch. I'm talking about bare chest, (primative clothing for those younger players) spear using dumb talking tribals!. I bet some modder could come up with a great mod for it. Maybe they can be a source of new throwing spears, or new crafting ideas or drugs, maybe a quest where you introduce them to "modern" waste ways, or help them find a new place to set up a tribe.

About 30% of the map is unused, But the mesh extends way beyond the map that is show on the pipboy there is easily 'another' 25% plus that is off the map. Unfortunately Groom Lake (area 51, dreamland etc) is way north of the mesh so If anyone is thinking about ginning up a Roswell flavored mod they will have to fudge it.

A lot of folk seem apprehensive about building mods for the unused map space until the DLC's areas are made clear, understandable enough but 'Big Bethesda' isn't exactly being helpful.

Personally I think the 'off-map' world space is for modders, there is still a lot of it but its biggest problems are crossing the empty map space and the fact that the world comes to a jarring end. Some useful mods might be an invisible wall around the mesh-space (you can run right off it) and a permanent fog bank to cover the edge.

The pipboy map in that picture shows the player well off the map. Fast travel works 'from' there but at that point (as near as I could calculate to the brilliant sounding Zzyzx Road) your only half way to the edge of the mesh!