ED-E attacks people in Thorn

x0diak

I finally discovered Thorn now (126 hours in, only 4 of those spent on first build), and i entered Thorn with ED-E and then the music flares up and he begins blasting away??

I am only Villified by the Powder Gangers, NCR Accepts me, Goodsprings Likes me, not sure about the Fiends (i kill them onsight, everytime, probably not Liked by them), but why would ED-E attack Thorn residents on-sight?

If its a spoiler, dont tell me, just say, you will see why.

It's a common bug that happens with both ED-E and Rex. For some reason in enclosed areas they set off the "trespass" alarm for whatever faction owns the area. No idea why, it just happens. Usually if you leave and come back it stops, and sometimes it goes away on its own.

You can, but there's a chance they'll trigger the bug. It's not guaranteed, but once you have a save in an area where it happens, it will continue to happen when you reload the save. Leaving the area and coming back resets it usually, so you can then take your companions through without people getting grumpy.

Thanks for the tip! I hope they release a patch for this and MANY other bugs, that the last patch introduced. Especially the reload/ no Pipboy bug. I have finally figured it out though, if i try and shoot and enter the Pipboy i can enter the pipboy. Otherwise, im stuck, and cannot use the iron sights.

Hmmm, I have no trouble with ED-E in The Thorn.

Did you attack the Greasers in the sewer?

That seemed to set everyone all the New Vegas Residents residing in the sewers.

Its a common bug with ED-E, and not at all predictable. Its why not even a modder has come out with a fix for this common problem.

I've had ED-E open fire on Primm folks. I've had ED-E not open fire and be fine with the folks in the Thorn, for instance, but yet like the OP is saying, he did. I've had ED-E, while resting in the Lucky 38, decide to open fire on a fellow companion, Cass, who was also just resting. I've had other instances, but don't remember exactly the areas, but one thing I can say: It doesn't matter what your reputation is.

Its gotten annoying enough with me, that while I'm extremely busy for the next few weeks, I'm really tempted to scour his scripting in the GECK to find out what the heck he is doing. In the meantime, when I want to walk into an indoors "faction area", I usually tell him to wait outside because of his homicidal attitude.