Realistic Fast Travel Time

Nicole

I've been looking for a way to do this myself, but I have yet to find anything that I could change, or find any mod that already does this.

Basically, I find it silly that I can fast travel from Nipton to Boulder city and only 15 minutes passes on the game clock. I would like to see a realistic amount of time passing for the distance traveled.

Has anyone looked in the script area? Fast travel looks like it's running a script when you pick a place to go. If you can find the script it would probably be pretty easy to tweak one of The variables to better reflect travel time.

I would say the best way to do this though is to not fast travel at all, the fast travel system doesn't take landscape into account and therefore you character is bypassing unclimeable mountains and places full of monsters without consequence, that makes it unrealistic.

I tried looking for the script, but I haven't been able to find the script. Could be it's hard-coded.

If I could get a mod that adds a lot more spawns to the wasteland I wouldn't mind not fast traveling. But as is it just seems boring to travel the same routes you've traveled before and not hit any encounters. The 'More Fiends' mods helped with that some.

If I knew more about modding I might consider trying to add more encounters myself over my Christmas Break, but so far I only know how to change the basic stuff.

It's definatley a possibility that it could be hardcoded, they hardcoded some weird things in this game. I am unable to look at the scripts at the moment, but that is where I would think you would find it.

Sorry I cant be of more help, I agree the fast travel is too "easy" so to speak, but my experience in modding is very limited, iv been trying to encourage people to make their own mods because it doesn't seem like many experienced modders are looking in these threads, and there are a great many mods I would like to see here, I guess all I can say is be patient and hope someone who knows what their doing comes along.

Hmm, I didn't know there wasn't a lot of experienced modders looking at these threads. However, I guess that makes sense, since the experienced modders probably have their own ideas of what they want to mod and are busy working on that.

Okay, well, thanks for the info :)

I think I'll take another look at the scripts and see if I can find anything. I could probably figure out the script if I can find it, I took a few Java programming courses before, and the scripts we can access in GECK don't seem anymore complex than Java.

Altthough, I think I'll also keep looking for a mod that adds more encounters, so I don't feel the need to fast travel in the first place :)