New oblivion player, modding choices.

Geles

So thats the intended route I was going for, but a few things im dissapointed about and want to find are missing. I dont like the games leveling system, are there any mods that change the game to be based on skill?

Oblivion XP is probably the best known, but there are others, such as Advanced Selective Leveling. Try searching the TES Nexus mod database on "leveling." I have no opinions to offer on any of these, as everybody has their own preferences for their own perfectly valid reasons.

I want the game to be more realistic in fighting. for example, a character im fighting would die in two to six slashes depending on the weapon, and yet the same could possibly happen to me if I dont play tactically enough.

Deadly Reflext is a favorite for try this.

Is wrye bash worth taking the time to learn how to use? Seems confusing but a lot of people consider it the best possible mod.

Absolutely. I use it all the time for mod sorting, fixing occasional problems, combining patches, and changing settings that allow me to edit and create mods.

A good home anyone reccommends?

Depends on what you prefer. You might want to be more specific. Mage or warrior? Lots of storage space? Plenty of decor, or none? No companions, one, or many? COBL in use? You wouldn't go into a realty agency and say, "I want you to show me homes," now, would you? :D

Any personal reccomendations? Nothing sexual, I considered some things such as eyecandy but ultimately decided that it would take the focus away from the gameplay for me.

I'll recommend my one finished mod, if you don't mind a little self-promotion: Skin-Toned Mannequins. I like realism, and it seems to me that if you can cast spells moving yourself around a world, turning invisible, etc, you should be able to buy mannequins that looks like various races. These do.

Regardless, good luck!

Edited by Balakirev