Cannot achieve any mod success

bohatir

Hi People.

Can someone help me with installing and finding good mods for Fallout 3?

I downloaded a crapload of mods for it from fallout 3 nexus. But when I extracted the files, the game would not work.

I have all the expansions for Fallout 3. So basically I played FO3 about 2 years ago, but without any expansions or mods. And I am like 30 minutes into the game, and some things need to be changed.

-I have seen people have mods for weapons, it makes all their guns and blunt objects look cooler, more realistic and such.

-I would like to have a companion or something to help me, and to help me carry stuff

- I would like to improve textures, of buildings, terrains...

- More realistic combat

- Some stuff for Factions, I saw some mods that make it easier to join factions, or it makes more factions.

- I would like some mod to change how the pip-boy looks. it is ugly as hell.

-I would like to have safe houses. I don't know if its possible to have a few of them, or just one?

- something else that you could recommend to just improve my game experience.

I am running 1.7.0.3 Version of Fallout 3.

Can anyone assist me? Thank you

Really the best advise is to read and follow the mods install instructions exactly.

If you are not familiar with adding mods to Fallout and a specific mod your looking at doesn't have very good instructions don't mess with it. Most reputable moders will have good instructions included with their mods. For the most part a lot of mods your just copy and pasting one or two files into your Fallout "Data" folder to make it work. So start with those ones, like a small bunker / home for your character to get used to how adding and using mods work. Mods that add new models to the game can be complex sometimes, so start small.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Ninden

I agree that you shouldn't try to jump in head-first and do everything at once. Start with one or two mods that interest you the most and learn how to install those. Once you've figured out how to get them working properly, then pick one or two more. It shouldn't take too long to get the hang of it this way. When trying to install multiple mods simultaneously, if something doesn't work or there are problems as extreme as the game won't even load, it's extremely difficult to determine which mod is causing the problem and why.

But when I extracted the files, the game would not work.

Did you mean after installing mods the MOD would not work? Or Fallout stops working?

If you actually meant that the mods don't work once you install them you may simply be missing the step of selecting them on the Fallout load screen. Make sure after you install a mod correctly that on the FIRST Fallout window that pops up select the "Data files" option and select the mod you installed. If you don't do this you can install mods all day long and they will never work. This is a common problem first time mod users have and its one step not listed in a lot of install instructions.

Ninden