Combine FONV & FO3?

TheOuroborus

While I'm sure there is a way, I'm also pretty sure the moderators would frown on you following this course of inquiry. If memory serves, there was one person who partially succeeded, but the moderators shut down the thread and removed the images from it. So, yeah, it can be done. Should it? Probably not. And if you do, don't tell anyone. Still, I wish you luck.

If you're doing it without any intentions to distribute, there's no issue. Uploading anything that does this, or the file assets themselves is where the problem lies...

As long as nothing leaves your system, you're fine to do what you want on your own computer.

A definite "Keep it to yourself" situation as it were...

It does mean asking people to do it for you is out, as that rquires people to pass around files and such. If you want it, you'll have to figure out the process and do the work yourself.

Edited by The Vampire Dante

Remarkably enough the intention to add Vegas as DLC to Fallout 3 (and not perhaps vice versa!) is latent in the air.

That tells a lot about the experienced value of Vegas compared to its predecessor game. Whenever I switch back to

Fallout-3 I'm sad about Vegas which is, to be fair, indeed nothing but a DLC to Fallout-3 sold as a standalone.

Edited by Surenas

If you're doing it for your own personal use, there's no problem. Just thought I'd warn you that uploading it would probably result in your file being removed, you possibly being banned, etc. The debacle over Morroblivion comes to mind...

Edit: Sorry, forgot to refresh before I posted.

Edited by JohannesGunn

Morroblivion tried to combine two totally independent games. The only independence between Fallout-3 and Vegas I can Identify right now is the ultimate necessity of the steam online shell by the latter. For that reason alone it is already again impossible to talk of Vegas as a DLC to the non-steam game Fallout-3. But that's all when we talk about the differences, for there are no other. Stillborn hopes, I fear. Too bad. Edited by Surenas

I was thinking more along the lines of the uproar caused, but you're right, the only thing that separates them is NV's reliance on steam.

So, couldn't you just go offline with Steam, put your fallout3.esm in FONV Data folder and be on your way? Seems to me if you own both games and aren't trying to sell the method or mod for profit, there shouldn't be a problem. Unless they are technically incompatible. Which it doesn't appear that they are.