Combine FONV & FO3?

TheOuroborus

If memory is right, the mods had a problem with hosting merged game mods I believe. I can understand it though, working to make a new game only for guys to place all that data into another game. Kinda bad taste.

Now, I don't think someone that goes and makes the meshes and textures for saw the Ranger armor on their own and makes it into a Fallout 3 mod should get into trouble. But this whole thing is pretty murky water so I'm leaving it alone.

the problem is the game engine code was altered. it may support fallout 3, it may not.

What would be legal would be to make a mod for fallout new vegas that supported fallout 3, but wouldn't work until you installed the fallout 3 data, which there would be a program included to do so. And this would only be possible if you owned both games. The point is that the content wouldn't be available online, it would only be available if you already had both games.

The problem is the game engine code was altered.

... to accommodate the extra lights and effects of the Vegas strip for New Vegas.

That sounds suspiciously like an effect mod implemented in the FalloutNV master file.

Edited by Surenas