Morrowind modding help.

Klous99

Hey, I've recently become interested in modding Morrowind. I'm not much of a scripter, but I need to know if there is a command to pass time through dialogue. For example, If I wanted to make a dialogue topic where one of the results was to advance time several hours. Any help from morrowind modders?

Well... You could use this function,

SetPCSleepHours iHours

though this will probably close the dialogue, then force the player to sleep, then the player will have to reinitialize the dialogue if needed.

Thanks for that! I have another question though. In the mods I've played, I've seen items using the meshes and textures of one item, say a pot, and making another item from the same meshes, icons, textures, like an ingredient. So you end up with an ingredient with that looks like a pot from vanilla morrowind. When I tried doing this, it became blatently obvious that said files were not available to use and were probably all in the BSA master file. My question is what I need to do to get those files from the master file and use them as I please with my mods.

What you need to do is to download a BSA Unpacker, then open the BSA with it and unpack the file you want to it's right location.

If you're going to keep the original texture on the pot, you only need to unpack the mesh to it's right location. :)

Thanks again. Anyways, like I've said before I'm no scripter, but I want to make a spell similar to one in World of Warcraft where you can summon food that heals you and replenishes magicka. I came up with this.

Begin SummonFood

if ( Player->getspelleffects, "summonfeast" == 1 )

Player->AddItem, "NF_Comberry Pie ", 1

End SummonFood

When I tried saving, it tells me something along the line of you messed up on line 3 with if/else/end. Then it says that the script command "onfood" (I'm guessing it's the last few letters of summonfood) cannot be found on line 7. I'm really at a loss here and any help would be appreciated.

The Begin Block can't be summonfood, as that is not a begin command.

If you want this to be summoned when using a spell, try this:

scn "ScriptName"

Begin ScriptEffectStart
Player->AddItem, "NF_Comberry Pie ", 1
End

And attach this to your spell, and remove all other effects, and you're good to go. :)