Too many companionq make the game too easy, suggestions?

dieangel68

As a companion modder myself, from my point of view the more customizable the companion, the better off you are. The vanilla companions can't be changed without the addition of other mods, and while there are a lot of mods out there that force the PC to have a harder life, it is much harder to find good companion-modifying mods. Sunny Smiles is probably the most adjustable companion so far, and while my Bella companion has a lot of customization--essential off in hardcore mode, no unlimited ammo use, etc.--I still have her with auto-heal (maybe I'll add a toggle on that...hummmm).

So, a lot of the summary points you have are good. Just keep the number of companions down, pick the right companions with decent options, add a few mods that make life harsher, and it should be a little more balanced.

So npcs are affected by Nevada sky's "radstorms"? I was under the impression it only affected the player.

The tranqu gun idea is interesting, i'm thinking about making a slavery npc pack where you actually have to keep your cattle "in check", that is prevent them to flee and smack down possible rebelion.

Edited by dieangel68

So npcs are affected by Nevada sky's "radstorms"? I was under the impression it only affected the player.

The tranqu gun idea is interesting, i'm thinking about making a slavery npc pack where you actually have to keep your cattle "in check", that is prevent them to flee and smack down possible rebelion.

Not sure if they are affected by radstorms or not, sorry, I don't have the mod. If the creator says they only affect the player, I would trust their judgment until it has been proven inaccurate.

As for the tranquilizer gun, if you want it, I have a working one uploaded here:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37474

I made it in a bundle for a forum request, but it works, and has its own custom ammo with ammo effect. It's based on the Abilene Kid BB Gun, but only holds one round, and is, ironically enough, named Dr. Mengele's Specimen Collector.

Edited by JohannesGunn