Activators that can't be knocked over

Trueform

Hi

I'm trying to make some activators that are on a wall, but I am having some problems - I want to make an activator that can still be used but can't be dislodged from the wall. I have tried using SetRestrained, which presumably doesn't work because they're not NPCs. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Kudos will be given for any advice :)

A weapon is not defined as an "activator" in the geck. Activators are static items that will ...well activate, when the player interacts with them.

Weapons are part of what they call havoc objects. Havoc object are all objects that are affected by the physics engine in-game. So yes if you place a wepon item in the game world, it will fall to the closest surface. Activators are non havoc objects. for example a weapon can be picked up and an activator cannot.

What you want to do in this case is create a new activator using your weapon as a base.

For this you will have to extract the weapon's nif file from the fallout meshes .bsa. You can do this with fomm and the package manager option (if I remember correctly).

After that you just have to apply that mesh to your newly created activator to create an item that you'll be able to put it-game without falling off the wall and that the player can still activate.

Ah, sorry, I don't think I explained myself too well when you asked what I was using as an activator :sweat:

I have extracted the files and made a new activator with a weapons graphic, but it can still be knocked off the wall if it's nudged. I didn't know if there was a script or a way of making it non-havok so that it would just stay there, while still having the 'activate' label on it :)