Companion Can't Move

hawkfist

I followed Balakirev's suggestions, and removing mods and changing load order did not restore Viconia's mobility in that particular game (save). I can't comment on whether continuing forward from an earlier point without certain mods would have changed anything as I have not tested that.

One point: after you removed the mods, did you move into a new cell, save, exit, and load your new savegame? Or did you just remove the mods, load the game, and keep playing? Because you need to remove all the mod effects, and that requires all the conditions I mentioned: moving to a new cell, etc.

If you did that, then we might want to look at Hoarfrost Castle. It's not a newer mod, last updated in 2008, and so conflicts with newer mods. It also may never have been intended for use with companions. A few quest mods mention this point, because their scripts will break companion functionality. If Viconia works normally everywhere else, that's probably your issue, right there.

Balakirev, you catch me out as fast as my old English teacher. Um, in this case I did move to a new cell, but beyond that was not thorough this time around. However, Viconia is not my first companion to go stiff on me; and in previous occurrences my routine procedure was to go to the test center, wait three days, remove a newest mod or two, rebuild my bashed patch, update NPC levels, only to find my companion still stiff as a board. When this happened to Tess (from Bladesong), she stood propped against the wall in my bedroom in Benrius Manor through all kinds of rebuilds of my mod list, load order, bashed patch, etc., and her mobility never returned. Eventually, Bladesong had to go, as having an incapacitated hottie in my bedroom was becoming disturbing. That having been said, I will continue to experiment and will try the Actor Details suggestion as soon as I can and report back here anything I've discovered. My final note is that this problem used to happen fairly regularly on my game to Krystal and Raven back when my mod list mostly consisted of OOO, Mart's, a body mod, some clothing mods, and not much else. It is one of the first problems I have encountered with mods, began when I had a few mods installed, and has persisted through at least three re-installs of the core game and total rebuilds of my mod lists. The main reason I bothered folks on the forum with my problem was my surprise that it wasn't the MOST COMMON companion problem on the forum, as in my world it is the most mundane problem. I will follow everyone's suggestions and report back if I discover anything worthwhile. Thank you again for taking the time to help me with my problem.