ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Mysterious music problem - I'm baffled here

chaosaeon

for example when getthreatratio value of those raider is 10 and you want your "Battle music" play then set the game setting using consoles "setgs fCombatMusicPlayerTargetedThreatRatio 11" now your "battle music" would play...

There are many enemies in Fallout 3 with different threatratio. just you can find out the easier enemies on the game, if you want music would play every fight..

i'm not experience in modding but i've tried those setting not permanent. setting would permanent when created with mods..

So I would need to find an enemy like a mole rat or bloatfly, then open the console, select the bloat fly, get its threat ratio, then make mine higher thn that ? and that would make every enemy have music ? Is there somewhere I could post a request for someone to make a mod that would permanently do that ?

for example when getthreatratio value of those raider is 10 and you want your "Battle music" play then set the game setting using consoles "setgs fCombatMusicPlayerTargetedThreatRatio 11" now your "battle music" would play...

There are many enemies in Fallout 3 with different threatratio. just you can find out the easier enemies on the game, if you want music would play every fight..

i'm not experience in modding but i've tried those setting not permanent. setting would permanent when created with mods..

So I would need to find an enemy like a mole rat or bloatfly, then open the console, select the bloat fly, get its threat ratio, then make mine higher thn that ? and that would make every enemy have music ? Is there somewhere I could post a request for someone to make a mod that would permanently do that ?

You can make a txt file with the statement written it, But How many different enemy s are there? Thats quite a bit . Any way, what ever name you choose for the txt file, Console as usual and type bat and the file name you made, no spacing Example Joe.txt right? so you type batjoe hit enter. This will make it permanent only for that session. As others have suggested, this is a time saver. type just one command and your ready to rock. But man typing all that while playing the game is a waste. This would allow you to quickly determine if your efforts pay off. Me when I changed the same thing many times, I went into the capital building, man there was a lot going on there. Hope this is helpful.

[so I would need to find an enemy like a mole rat or bloatfly, then open the console, select the bloat fly, get its threat ratio, then make mine higher thn that ? and that would make every enemy have music ? Is there somewhere I could post a request for someone to make a mod that would permanently do that ?

yes.but your music problem was not yet sorted out, mightbe best you tried that trick on console first, after we know the problem is only by this game settings then you can create mod or request mod.

you can request a mods in the 'mod request' forum.

You can make a txt file with the statement written it, But How many different enemy s are there? Thats quite a bit . Any way, what ever name you choose for the txt file, Console as usual and type bat and the file name you made, no spacing Example Joe.txt right? so you type batjoe hit enter. This will make it permanent only for that session. As others have suggested, this is a time saver. type just one command and your ready to rock. But man typing all that while playing the game is a waste. This would allow you to quickly determine if your efforts pay off. Me when I changed the same thing many times, I went into the capital building, man there was a lot going on there. Hope this is helpful.

So, I would need to get a list of every enemies reference ID. Then make a text file that, inside, says the setgsfCombatMusicPlayer etc with the changed number so that music would always work ? I mean, I suppose there should be no music for 1 bloatfly or 1 molerat or something that small, but right now it plays only 20% of the time even if everyone in megaton is shooting at me.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

I have had the same problem but hopefully it's fixed . Here is mod I've created - http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15919 - try it out and see if it helps. ;)

Also, you might have a simple PERFORMANCE issue. The original Fallout music is encoded with the following qualities; i show you below the list how to change your tracks to those:

Public, Explore, Dungeon: @224kbs

Battle: @192kbs

Base: @320kbs

As you can see, performance is an issue with music or Bethesda would not have settled for the low quality in battle music.

Okay, here how to change your mp3s. You need a music converter software. The best one out there is "switch". Get the demo

and install it. Use the trial time or simply unistall the program right ahead. Upon unistalling switch offers you to downgrade

to a FREE version (now how great is that!!!!). The free version is totally sufficient.

Drag and drop the music that is supposed to have the same "@ kbs" into switch. Choose "mp3" as the target format.

In the lower left corner of the programm you can open something like converting options.

In that window unclheck "variable bitrate" and take stero or joint stereo and chosse the correct kbs

(224 or 192 or 320). In the main window choose an extraction folder. Hit convert. Switch will now convert and create NEW

tracks in mp3 and the right kbs-stereo-mp3-format. Now they are ready to be used with fallout3.

Again, let me stress that switch is simply the best high-quality program out there and you should'nt go with any other.

In my own music conversion "On The Edge Of Your Nerves" my explore, dungeon and public music comes in @256kbs.

The quality is better and the game can still handle it on most computers. Dont try this with the battle music!

Here is on the Edge of your Nerves and below that is a link to switch:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9814

SWITCH

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

Good Luck :)