That Machine

TheNexxusOne

i am not 100% sure, but i really believe it's an M1 Garand rifle

correct.. it is based off the m1 garand which officially replaced the bolt-action M1903 Springfield as the standard service rifle of the United States Armed Forces in 1936. It was the first semi-automatic rifle to be generally issued to the infantry of any nation and General George S. Patton called it "The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised"

http://www.neaca.com/images/Garand_Springfield_14623xx_.JPG

oh and from the fallout wiki on the name

"This Machine is a reference to the slogan "This Machine Kills Fascists", which American musician Woody Guthrie had written on his guitar. On the rifle, the slogan is changed to "Well This Machine Kills Commies", written on the left side of the weapon."

Edited by Liquidacid23

well, it's nice to know i was right here

i have played enough of CoD (especially the WWII series) to know at least most of the guns there

but i didn't find That Machine in my game yet, so i don't know how it sounds like

but yeah, it is quite easy to tell that That Machine is an M1Garand, with it's unique look and design, and classic feel :biggrin:

it is the M1 garand but with a twist, The M1 Garand actually fires 30 odd six bullets instead of the .308(7.62x51mm), Also theres a lot of weapons that eject from the top and using COD to determine if a firearm is what it is a bad way to go with it, as COD has a lot of inconsitencies. It is a good game none the less.

it is the M1 garand but with a twist, The M1 Garand actually fires 30 odd six bullets instead of the .308(7.62x51mm), Also theres a lot of weapons that eject from the top and using COD to determine if a firearm is what it is a bad way to go with it, as COD has a lot of inconsitencies. It is a good game none the less.

well, the first thing would be that Fallout New Vegas, with all it's weapons, still has a rather limited variety of ammo calibrs, so they would probably not make a whole new ammo line just for this one unique gun (which would make using it rather stupid)

or perhaps the rifle was just re chambered

after all, it is based on the M1 Garand, but it doesn't have to be an exact copy of one, right?? :)

and i do agree with you on the CoD part

the game is good, but one shouldn't base his knowledge of weapons on what you learn from a game, and especially such a game

one last thing, and it's a question

could you explain the line you wrote:

The M1 Garand actually fires 30 odd six bullets
??

what ammo size or calibr did you refer to??

just want to understand correctly, that's all :)

sorry for barging in.

the M1 Garnd was originally chambered in .30-06 Springfield (7.62x63mm)

but according to Wikipedia-M1 at some point there were versions that were chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (which is almost identical to .308 ... afaik the main difference is a higher pressure while firing the gun)

So actually it isn`t a stretch having it use .308 ammo :)

Edited by BulletSix

sorry for barging in.

the M1 Garnd was originally chambered in .30-06 Springfield (7.62x63mm)

but according to Wikipedia-M1 at some point there were versions that were chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (which is almost identical to .308 ... afaik the main difference is a higher pressure while firing the gun)

So actually it isn`t a stretch having it use .308 ammo :)

don't apologize, you did good

and thanks for clearing that up, it also answers my question :)

Edited by WastelandAssassin