Never modded before

DAOMASTER

Hello, I'm new to this whole modding thing and wanted to try it out. As pumped and excited I am to try this experience, I'm at a loss for what I should do and where I should start, a little on how to do it as well.

If anyone will give me a suggestion for a mod I should make, then please give me your advice, it will be appreciated.

If anyone will give me an idea of how to go about starting, then please do, I am very inexperienced and will definitely appreciate that advice as well.

Oh, and one more thing I'd like to ask:

I'd be happy if anyone will make it a point to be my friend and colleague, god knows that by comparing your work to my progress, if I can make any on what ever it is I will be doing, it would help me a lot.

If anyone will give me a suggestion for a mod I should make, then please give me your advice, it will be appreciated.

Two suggestions for you.

1) Think of something you would like to play, yourself. If you're not interested in your idea, it'll be much harder to work on it.

2) Keep it small & manageable. The forums are full of huge, elaborate mod concepts that never get done.

What existing NPCs and quests did you find interesting? What unfinished quests appeal to you?

Well, I liked Vincente a lot, and thought it sucked when you had to kill him, I wish there was a way to bring him back and maybe do a quest chain with him or something...but I am so inexperienced I don't know where to start or what I should do with that... :confused:

Then again, I heard that making a house is a very easy thing to do, except for a thing called "pathing" whatever that is...I've always thought about having a custom house, but again I don't know how to start...lol :wallbash:

Then again, I'd totally love to try and make a new race, but I'm sure that is far beyond my comprehension... :(

Okay, those are ALL good starts!

I agree that bringing back Vincente would be kind of unnecessarily complicated-- but maybe he had an apprentice of some kind... someone who's going to be very, very unhappy with the PC, and is going to try to lure him/her into a trap.

Houses are easier than you'd think-- check out this tutorial, for example: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Creating_a_House . Maybe add something unusual to it-- it's haunted, but by not by anything evil-- maybe it's a lonely ghost who just sometimes leaves the owner messages or asks the owner to bring in fruit, or books, or something like that.

Plenty of people have made brand-new races with custom textures & meshes & everything else. You could always do one using vanilla resources only, but what would make it interesting? Maybe a special new power, or a race that's uniquely skilled at a specific class? You might never release it, but just the process of putting it together might be fun.

And IMO, the best way to learn is just to get in there and start making mistakes! :D