Flames tip color

ThrillaWhale

*Sorry if this is redundant; I made a topic in the Mod Troubleshooting section but that seems more for troubleshooting other people's mods. This issue concerns my own.*

I'm simply trying to recolor vanilla flames for a custom spell and for the most part it's worked except for one thing - residual flames. I don't know what these are called, but the very end tips of the custom flame and the fire that forms when it makes contact with a surface remain unchanged for some reason. I want to be clear - this is NOT the Hit Shader. I've already made a custom Hit Shader in the creation kit and npcs hit with the recolored flames get lit on fire with the right color. The issue is with fire that forms when the spell hits inanimate objects as well as the tips of the flame stream I noticed. Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there some part of the flames nif file that isn't being recolored or is there some other function for after effects flames controlled by the CK?

Reference:

http://s28.postimg.org/qqltyzwb1/greenfireredtip.jpg

Edited by ThrillaWhale

I've checked the emissives but they're all set to a pure grey or white color. After tweaking them a few different colors, I can confirm the problem is not any bseffectshaderproperty.

But I do think I've found the real culprit: Addon Nodes. From what extremely little I've found online about Addon nodes, these are what control the extra effects like the residual flames. In firespray01.nif, they're located in the five "Mover" NiNodes. I've created a custom AddonNode in the CK that uses my recolored gradients, but when I try to change the addon node values in nifskope to match that of the creation kit, the entire flames projectile disappears in-game.

So...I'm stuck again.

Edited by ThrillaWhale