Errors with Construction Set

GeminiDragon

I bought TES III:Morrowind last weekend and have only played it twice, so far I'm having a great time. Although I'm in a bit of a jam with the Construction Set, here's what's happening:

Tried to open morrowind.esm from TES Contruction Set (I clicked on the open folder icon in the program), Warning box pops up "Animation Group Note Problem" Continue running executable? YES/NO

Clicked YES, and the same error message pops up 6 times afterwards.

Then I get these Warning boxes:

Need to add generic sound for the defaultLeftFoot

Need to add generic sound for the defaultRightFoot

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootBareLeft'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootBareRight'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootLightLeft'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootLightRight'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootMedLeft'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootMedRight'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootHeavyLeft'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootHeavyRight'

Need to add a foot sound called 'FootWaterLeft'

Need to add a foot sound called FootWaterRight'

After the warning boxes stop popping up it says Loading Files....Done! on the status bar, but it doesn't look like it loaded anything, most of the tabs are empty.

Conatiner Tab has LootBag, Door Tab has PrisonMarker, Misc Item Tab has Gold & SoulGems, Static Tab has 5 kinds of Marker entries & these three defaultArea, defaultCast, & defaultHit, the Weapons Tab has defaultBolt, and the rest of the Tabs are blank, empty, nothing, nada.

I closed the Construction Set and started a saved game, just to make sure everything was okay, and I can't figure out the "Foot sounds" error, I mean the sounds are there and they play when they're supposed to.

My main concern is Why I got the above error messages and How to fix them, and Where to find Item ID's, Creature ID's, and Spell ID's?? I've search the Construction set but can't seem to locate anything.

In my game I gave myself a small amount of gold via the console just to see if it worked, I also tried a couple other commands, some worked and some didn't. I'd like to try others so if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

I patched the game before I tried to use the Construction Set with the 1.1.0605 patch, and I do not have any plugins or mods running as I have not beat barely anything yet. I'd like to get really far into Morrowind before thinking about mods or whatever.

I've posted on 3 other forums but so far nobody has gotten back with something helpful. If all else fails I guess I'll try a uninstall/reinstall.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

GeminiDragon

• 8 years later...

Okay, so I know this error is from a WAAAAY long time ago, but I am now having the EXACT same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?!?!?! I have searched the net for hours, tried re-installing, tried fixing my UAC and permissions settings (I am using Windows 7), and tried running the Construction set as an Administrator.

This is the only reference to my exact problem that I have found, and I do not know how to fix it :(.

I assume it might have something to do with the location of the Data Files or with something in the .ini file, but I can't find any information on what that issue would be, or how to correct that issue. Someone please help!