I have a question about the Unofficial Patches

wlzcharlie

Which patches do I need? Do I need all 3 of the latest: vanilla patches, shivering isles patches, AND the mods patches? Or do I just need a Shivering isles patch , etc.?

If I need all 3, how do I install it properly? (im using omod) which patch do I install first?

You need the vanilla patches, the shivering isles patch if you have Shivering Isles, the mods patches for each of the DLC mods that you have. Unlike the Official patch, these are just mods and don't have to be installed in any particular order.

Which patches do I need? Do I need all 3 of the latest: vanilla patches, shivering isles patches, AND the mods patches? Or do I just need a Shivering isles patch , etc.?

If I need all 3, how do I install it properly? (im using omod) which patch do I install first?

You need the vanilla patches, the shivering isles patch if you have Shivering Isles, the mods patches for each of the DLC mods that you have. Unlike the Official patch, these are just mods and don't have to be installed in any particular order.

Okay, If I install all 3 Unofficial Patches, Do I need the Official ones?

Also, I have the steam version, does that mean I already have the Official patches?

Also, I have the steam version, does that mean I already have the Official patches?

The Unofficial Patches require version 1.2.0416 of Oblivion. GOTY is patched to that level automatically when you install Shivering Isles. Non-GOTY disk installs must install the appropriate Official Patch. I think Steam is patched already, but you can check by starting the game and looking at the version number that gets displayed on the screen while it loads.

Once you have version 1.2.0416 of Oblivion installed, you may install the unofficial patches.

EDIT: GOTY = "Game of the Year"

Edited by Shadowfen

The Unofficial Patches require version 1.2.0416 of Oblivion. GOTY is patched to that level automatically when you install Shivering Isles. Non-GOTY disk installs must install the appropriate Official Patch. I think Steam is patched already, but you can check by starting the game and looking at the version number that gets displayed on the screen while it loads.

Once you have version 1.2.0416 of Oblivion installed, you may install the unofficial patches.

EDIT: GOTY = "Game of the Year"

Thanks!

Edit! ~ Kudos'd

Edited by wlzcharlie