S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Strength: 5

Perception: 6

Endurance: 5

Charisma: 4

Intelligence: 6

Agility: 5

Luck: 5

Tag Skills: Melee Weapons, Survival, Sneak.

Interests/Ambitions: Likes the outdoors, enjoys running and hunting and exploring the wilderness and animal watching.

Appearance: Jacks is 6 feet tall, he has shaggy blonde hair and patchy stubble on his face which someday (When he's older) a beard may grow. He is of fair build, lithe from years of running about the Vault. He has a scar on his chin shaped like a jagged lightning bolt from where he tripped over a toolbox and landed on his face while running through the lower decks of the Vault.

Personality: Jacks is young at heart, he is young and not quite sure of himself. He dislikes being inclosed in tight spaces and when he feels caged or cooped up he goes for a run, sometimes for hours. He spends a great amount of time learning about animals and the wilderness, finding a fascination with them and reading countless books on hunting and wilderness survival in preparation for the time outside of the vault. Jacks prides himself on being honest, sometimes he is too honest which puts him off of people quickly and because of such he prefers to observe the comings and goings of people and animals then to actually participate in activities, most would describe him as shy which would be a correct assumption by all standards.

Background: Jacks is the grand-son of a nobel prize winning anthropologist and a well known zoologist. His parents were not so outgoing but as a child he often spent time with his grandparents and relished in their stories of the Old World and spent hours with his nose in various books they had brought with them on their respective fields. When he took the test he qualified as a scout and hunter. Knowing the future of his life he had doubts as to his place in the world outside, only have heard stories and read about it, but he turned those doubts into preparation and worked harder and harder in the upcoming months before the opening, finding the chance to see the outside world he read so much about a worthy future to have.

Looks good for the most part, but....how does he know he likes the outdoors? He grew up in a Vault his entire life and as of the latest point in the RP, we've only so much as been out in natural daylight for an hour, maybe, maybe two. There weren't any simulated outdoor environments in the Vault, either, part of the experiment. There's no way for him to know that. Any movies were filmed in environments before the war even if they did count as outdoors experience, so that can't work.

Not trying to shoot him down right away (heck, the explanation for the scar on his chin made me laugh some) but it just doesn't make sense.

Its more or less the wonder of it. He grew up hearing stories of the outside world, he wanted to see it and be apart of it. He likes the outdoors because he hates being indoors. It's what he wants. To him it's like being an astronaut. Going into space is a lifetime dream. For him, going outside is a lifetime dream. He is the kid that would always be outside every minute of sunlight and after dinner he would be camping in the backyard until he had to go to bed.

A better explanation would be that it's his dream, every child has dreams. To be a firefighter or a soldier or a doctor he wants to go outside. Learn everything there is about the outside world, run barefoot and feel the dirt between his toes. Swim in a lake and breath fresh air. The prospect of the outside world kept him up at night imagining what it would be like and the animals he would see, he read stories about explorers and hunters and dreamed of accompanying them on their adventures. He is the kid that was always imagining things and reading books. When it came to his test he focused on aspects of survival, how to use a knife and spear because he knew that ammo would likely be scarce and at a young age he was gifted at sneaking, usually to steal food or a nuka cola before heading to his favorite place in the engineering deck so he could read his books by flashlight at night.

That is why i said he likes the outdoors. Because to him there is no greater place to be.

Edited by Macman253

Hm....the reality of it might not suit him the way he imagines it to, what with radiation, monsters and other horrors of post-nuclear survival there to dissuade the notion, but....alright, approved. Welcome aboard!

Hey guys! (and welcome, Mac!) I've got a relative staying with me for a couple days, so I likely won't be checking on the RP until Friday or Saturday. Sorry for the inconvenience, and if I'm absolutely needed, I'll be on in a heartbeat. :D