Modelers Contributations Here

simplywayne90

-------------------Note From Me-------------------

Thank you to everyone who has contributed lately.

I'm planning to search for more models and textures for people to use or alter. As well as go back and update some of the resources that have been ported to New Vegas, and add in those made specifically for New Vegas.

Mainly I'm trying to find sites with free resources or simple resources like models of random objects that'd fit in with Fallout, things like retro tech and models based on what 50's people thought tech would look like (tubes, cluncky robots, etc)

Then I'll try and direct people to good sites with sample textures and things so people don't always have to start from scratch.

If anyone already knows some sites like that, message me or post them here and I'll check them to see if they are good resource

I've already found one thanks to a post by 'Nadimos''

He posted about a site called Archieve3D

Not all models are suited and some are real high poly, but it still can be interesting to just browse your way through it. Most come in .3ds format. Personally I have pulled quite a lot of material (mostly furniture) and already got my feet wet with it on blender. Although I havent really gotten down learning how to make good textures yet and the nif material properties are also still abit of a mysterium to me.

Also I've heard from several prominent modders that CGtextures.com is a good resource for textures, although I've yet to check it myself.

And for inspritation and resources of all types, the ulimate artists website DeviantArt is highly recommended.

DeviantART.com

And heres a MEGA SITE of anything to do with art, anything (which is why sometimes it can be blocked since some "art" may be of more adult themes and more violent) But anyways I mention it since its full of useful ideas images and resources that people here could use (possibly, it varies for each artist decides if or how thier work may be used/featured)

Edited by simplywayne90

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest issue, is being able to grab a free 3D Mesh, and retexture it. Ive been unsuccessful at this, and plan on this week to figure out wtf. I mean theres no need to re-invent the wheel. I dont have a firm grasp of Nifskope, but Im pretty hip on the NIF forums, and people that i've spoken with arent sure either, and they have the develper id on them, so I need to learn another program to reverse engineer. Im just hoping to get some more time this week to devote to it. Eitherway, I don't have a choice. I started a mod. What you have to do, to make it kewl. WTF was I thinking.

OH BTW, sputnik, what are you doing out. Get back there and model damnit. :P

Sorry Floats I thought it was time I put my banisters on the nexus. If I'd know how much trouble it was going to give me, I would not have done it but there are now up. I will get back to the mapping for your models soon.