Girlfriend Mod

CYesmaR

I sorta support this. But i'd raise you that while an NPC in a static location would be nice... how about a system similair to Goranga's Dating System for Oblivion? It would add a conversation option to any NPC you were interested in (within reason) and require a Speech/Charisma/LadyKiller/BlackWidow/LaFem/Bachalor check to gain their interest. After this you would get a few 'quests' to take them to places like a bar and buy them a drink. Take them gambling. Include some generic fluff (or as fluffy as the wasteland gets, because it has to be in character for people like Cass and even Boone) conversation. Hell, make the companions have special dates (like hunting Legionaries for Boone, for example) sinee they are 'special' npcs. Then, after a certain point in the 'quest', you could get fade to black options to 'kiss' and such, and even asign were they 'live'.

If it's going to be done i'd prefer to see something proper like this. After all, while an NPC might be nice, aside from a little unvoiced conversation most people take the official companions flirting (Cass, Veronica, hell you can recruit Arcade by flirting with him) to mean that these companions are romantically involved with you. Certain mods on the site already help with this illusion; hell, after what they do it's not even really an illusion anymore, thats what the flirts wer ein the vanilla game. I'd prefer to see that deepened personally.

Could just be me who feels this way. Either way I wholeheartedly support this in any form. I think most games could do with a touch more romance. It's what draws me to game from companies like Bioware.

I'd certainly like to have this option with Sunny Smiles. She was a breath of fresh air.

I'd work on this-I have something similar in mind but I like your idea as well.

• 2 months later...

Wait wait wait... You can flirt with Veronica? I have Veronica, I'm playing as a female, and I have the Cherchez La Femme perk. So far, Veronica has not flirted with me. It must've been subtle... When was it?

To be honest, I wasn't even sure if she was a lesbian or just bi... She had a relationship with a woman, but she was young and even states herself that she wasn't sure it was love. Maybe that was just a phase? I don't think it's ever stated if women are her only interest... And a lot of male NPCs comment on her hotness...

It's a shame about Arcade being gay. He's pretty cute, and I have a thing for men that aren't... well, men that aren't fully socially gifted. Considering all the lesbian references in FO3 but the zero gay references, I'm surprised Arcade was as obvious as he was.

"So... why hasn't some lucky young guy come and swept me off my feet? The simple answer is... I'm boring."

But take it from me. You guys aren't giving ghouls and super mutants enough credit. Charon is by far the hottest guy in the Fallout series to date. I swoon when I see him.

At first I only had the 360 version rented, and I chose him and Dogmeat. Once I bought the PC version, I just used Phalanx for all the followers.

And Fawkes is oddly charming. Maybe it's his intelligence? Or, it might be because of the "My Species Doth Complain Too Much" trope. After fighting all these Super Mutants throughout the game, finding one on your side is just... overwhelmingly awesome.

Personally, I like the idea of a ghoul who thinks he/she's ugly, but the player thinks otherwise (much to the ghoul's disbelief). But I guess that's just my nature of taking an interest in people who look lonely.

I know some of you may find that situation hard to imagine with a ghoul, but consider it the same as finding a girl with a disfiguring burn scar beautiful. She's insecure about it, and thus shocked that anyone would find her pretty.

Guy: (just confessed his love to her)

Burn scarred girl: (crying) "But... I'm so..."

Games these days need more romance is what I say. That and more nudity.... and brutal violence... and man candy... and more boobs...

Wait, nevermind that last one. Heh...

Raul is too old. And I don't mean that as in chronological age. Age is just a number when it comes to love. I mean his spirit and soul are far too weathered for a relationship. I can really only see it happening with a Courier on the far right side of the age scaler.

Raul is too old. And I don't mean that as in chronological age. Age is just a number when it comes to love. I mean his spirit and soul are far too weathered for a relationship. I can really only see it happening with a Courier on the far right side of the age scaler.

Yeah but the same could kinda be said about Boone...had to kill his family...that has got to break your spirit. I think if Raul found the right person...or ghoul it might happen. I pair him up with lily in my mind actually...one of those old couples that are more just friends then anything else....but at least they have eachother and are happy. :confused:

Wait wait wait... You can flirt with Veronica? I have Veronica, I'm playing as a female, and I have the Cherchez La Femme perk. So far, Veronica has not flirted with me. It must've been subtle... When was it?

To be honest, I wasn't even sure if she was a lesbian or just bi... She had a relationship with a woman, but she was young and even states herself that she wasn't sure it was love. Maybe that was just a phase? I don't think it's ever stated if women are her only interest... And a lot of male NPCs comment on her hotness...

It's a shame about Arcade being gay. He's pretty cute, and I have a thing for men that aren't... well, men that aren't fully socially gifted. Considering all the lesbian references in FO3 but the zero gay references, I'm surprised Arcade was as obvious as he was.

"So... why hasn't some lucky young guy come and swept me off my feet? The simple answer is... I'm boring."

But take it from me. You guys aren't giving ghouls and super mutants enough credit. Charon is by far the hottest guy in the Fallout series to date. I swoon when I see him.

At first I only had the 360 version rented, and I chose him and Dogmeat. Once I bought the PC version, I just used Phalanx for all the followers.

And Fawkes is oddly charming. Maybe it's his intelligence? Or, it might be because of the "My Species Doth Complain Too Much" trope. After fighting all these Super Mutants throughout the game, finding one on your side is just... overwhelmingly awesome.

Personally, I like the idea of a ghoul who thinks he/she's ugly, but the player thinks otherwise (much to the ghoul's disbelief). But I guess that's just my nature of taking an interest in people who look lonely.

I know some of you may find that situation hard to imagine with a ghoul, but consider it the same as finding a girl with a disfiguring burn scar beautiful. She's insecure about it, and thus shocked that anyone would find her pretty.

Guy: (just confessed his love to her)

Burn scarred girl: (crying) "But... I'm so..."

Games these days need more romance is what I say. That and more nudity.... and brutal violence... and man candy... and more boobs...

Wait, nevermind that last one. Heh...

If you want a more adult game (wow, that can go in completely the wrong context :) check out The Witcher. Lots of foul language, gore, a bit of nudity here and there and even drinking games with your girlfriend's grandmother! I lost....

But anyway yeah I cheered when Fawkes came running up that hill mowing down Enclave soldiers with a Gatling laser. And then got equally pissed at the end of the game when we were debating who would go in the fatally radioactive chamber to save the world. And there was a freaking super mutant standing next to us when I had to bite the bullet for that one.

Sorry to get sidetracked, but speaking of Fawkes I have thought of several situations where more interaction with companions in a more functional way would help too. Like having your ghoul or super mutant friend go through the radiation to pick up a specific object or raid a container you highlight a la Rex's perk. Or actually play spotter for Boone, since I can't seem to make headshots more than 20% of the time with Fallout's drunken crosshairs. Having his perk should allow you to use the binoculars or any scoped weapon, aim at a target, and hit the action button to call the shot for him.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread here, but I felt that this could go in with more personable companions. Romance is fun, but as wasteland survivors the companions could help with more than just carrying loot and boosting my morale. More functional interaction in the world, i.e. using your companions' skills and strengths more in the game would go a long ways to making the relationship and the game feel more immersive.

• 2 years later...
I love to have the option to, BUT I'm going g to change Cass so she cant hate me cz of my karma, since I'm only hated by the Legion and powder gangers