So I have always wanted a Blu Ray Player......

soot00

I looked at the Thanksgiving day sales, read product and customer reviews and stand alone Blu Ray players still average around 100 bucks.

The "Decision" (sorry Lebron James) came down to Xbox 360 4 gb for $199 or a hundred bucks more for the PS3 with the added benefit of Blu Ray capability and a 160 gb hard drive. $$$ for value was obvious, I went and purchased the PS3 Thanksgiving bundle! In addition was looking at future upgrades. Microsoft being the cash cows they are has their Xbox 360 unless modified to use Microsofts hard drive for 360 only. A PS3 on the other hand is fully compatible with any SATA hard drives for notebooks.

My console will be used primarily for Blu Ray and secondary for PS3 games. The first PS3 game I ended up getting which should hold my attention a good while is Red Dead Redemption, OMG this game is amazing! And the Dark Knight on Blu Ray (which I got for 5 bucks at the Walmart Thanksgiving sale) is awesome! Also my local library one of the top rated in our state has a huge collection of Blu Ray titles.!

LOL, shouldn't every household have a flat screen HD TV these days? Prices are so cheap now stores are practically giving them away.

I still got a tube, the rest of my family too, as long as it keeps working, Besides when using blue ray you'd better have a full hd.

HD games i play on my pc ages before hd actually came out.

LOL, shouldn't every household have a flat screen HD TV these days? Prices are so cheap now stores are practically giving them away.

I still got a tube, the rest of my family too, as long as it keeps working, Besides when using blue ray you'd better have a full hd.

HD games i play on my pc ages before hd actually came out.

Well sucks to be you...

Evildead, what do you mean? PS3, aged? It's not that old compared to the other consoles...

off course not there aren't any newer consoles aren't there. The two consoles (ps3 & xbox360) are 5 years old and it shows. I have an x360 but i don't use it anymore since i updated my pc. I only bought the console cause the hardware in there was so cheap but those days are long gone. the videocard in a xbox360 or ps3 is the equivalent of a 7800 gtx. My videocard does ten times the terraflops and that is mid-range card.

Get da picture? :biggrin:

And don't give me any crap the ps3 is better than the x360. I don't see a game with the quality of crysis running on there and that's a 3 year old game. And no crysis 2 won't be like that , they're makin it in the city cause jungle like sandbox the ps3 or the x360 can't handle.

Edited by evildead789

Get yourself a ps3, its cheaper then the rest of them and not to mention a gaming machine :teehee: Also its the best one out there on the market, also the most powerful one to boot. Edited by Thor.

Judging by this statement I'm guessing that you are not from a blue-collar, middle-class background and thus would be surprised by how many households these days do not have such TVs and game consoles. There are also many families that cannot afford personal computers or the internet. Sure, the media these days depicts children as emerging from the womb with Bluetooths and BlackBerrys already equipped, but the truth is that keeping up-to-date with technology is something that common folks just can't afford if they still want to have enough money for rent or food.

I apologize if that sounded like a personal attack because it was not intended as such. I merely happened across this thread, saw the post and felt a need to respond with my opinion.